September 6, 1996 |
Manhattan, New York
Kelsey Fowler (born September 6, 1996) is a child stage and film actress. She began her professional acting career at the age of ten, performing on Broadway, and acting in television commercials and film. Kelsey has appeared on Broadway for six years, performing in four Broadway productions. She can also be seen in the Mary Poppins television commercial and the Independent Lens television documentary "Grey Gardens from East Hampton to Broadway". She has been a featured guest on "The View" and a Broadway Kids Care guest on "The Early Show". Kelsey along with Alison Horowitz won the First Place 'Presentation Award', at Broadway's 2008 Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Easter Bonnet Competition, where they performed a parody of the song, "We Do Not Belong Together" from "Sunday In The Park With George".
- 2006-2007, Broadway: Grey Gardens as Lee Bouvier
- 2008, Broadway: Sunday In The Park With George as Louise
- 2008-2010, Broadway & US National Tour: Mary Poppins as Jane Banks
- 2011, Broadway: Bonnie and Clyde as Young Bonnie
- 2008, Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids Easter Bonnet 1st place Presentation Award
- 2010, Miscast Benefit at the MCC Theatre
Kelsey Fowler made her Broadway debut, at age 10, on November 2, 2006 performing the role of Lee Bouvier at The Walter Kerr Theater in the Broadway production of Grey Gardens. In October 2007, Kelsey continued performing on Broadway, portraying the role of Louise in Stephen Sondheim's revival of Sunday In The Park With George located at Studio 54. In June 2008, Kelsey began portraying the role of Jane Banks in Disney and Cameron Macintosh's Broadway Production of Mary Poppins, at the New Amsterdam Theater, on 42nd street. She went on to perform the role of Jane Banks for 22 months on Broadway and 7 months on the Mary Poppins US National Production Tour which included many prestigious venues including The Kennedy Center in Washington DC and The Fox Theater in Atlanta, Georgia. In October 2011 Kelsey originated the role of young Bonnie in the Broadway Production of Bonnie and Clyde at The Gerald Schoenfeld Theater.
Awards & nominations
- 2008, First Place 'Presentation Award', at the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS (BCEFA) Easter Bonnet
- "Meet Kesley...". Kelseyfowler.com. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Kelsey Fowler [KelseyFowlerNYC] (September 6, 2013). "Sarah made me cupcakes for my birthday!!!!" (Tweet). Retrieved November 3, 2013 – via Twitter.
- O'Sullivan, Eleanor. "There's Something about Mary; Barnegat actress pops into Poppins role", Asbury Park Press, June 26, 2011. Accessed October 8, 2016. "Kelsey Fowler of Barnegat was in the Broadway revival of Sunday in the Park With George and the Tony Award-winning Grey Gardens before landing the coveted job of one of three young actresses rotating the role of Jane Banks in Mary Poppins in June 2007."
- Mellerup, Rick. "Barnegat Teen May Be Breakout Star of Fall TV Season; Micah Fowler in Speechless Debuts Sept. 21", The Sandpaper, September 13, 2016. Accessed October 8, 2016. "Now a local teen has a chance to make it big on television. Barnegat's Micah Fowler – Kelsey's younger brother – will make his national TV debut at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 21 in a new ABC show called Speechless."
- Robert Viagas, Aubrey Reuben (2007). Robert Viagas, Amy Asch, ed. The Playbill Broadway Yearbook (3, illustrated ed.). Hal Leonard Corporation. pp. 135 & 137. ISBN 978-1-55783-732-5. OCLC 173961370.
- Jenkins, Jeffrey Eric (2007). Jeffrey Eric Jenkins, ed. The Best Plays Theater Yearbook 2007-2008, Volumes 2007-2008 (89 ed.). Limelight Editions. ISBN 978-0-87910-366-8. OCLC 261175110.