|Elevation AMSL||61 ft / 18 m|
Kemi-Tornio Airport (IATA: KEM, ICAO: EFKE; Finnish: Kemi-Tornion lentoasema) is an airport in Kemi, Finland. The airport is located near the district of Lautiosaari, east of the Kemijoki (Kemi River), 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) north of Kemi city centre and 18 kilometres (11 mi) east of Tornio city centre. The airport is owned and operated by Finavia.
There is a small cafe/restaurant landside at the airport, open to the public and to passengers. There is also a small gift shop for souvenirs. The following car rental companies serve at Kemi airport: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Scandia Rent
Airlines and destinations
|Finnair||Seasonal: Chania (begins 20 June 2017), Palma de Mallorca (begins 21 June 2017)|
operated by Nordic Regional Airlines
|Year||Domestic passengers||International passengers||Total passengers||Change|
Freight and Mail
|Year||Domestic freight||Domestic mail||International freight||International mail||Total freight and mail||Change|
There is no public transportation directly to the airport. However, there is a bus stop around 700 metres (2,300 ft) from the airport. Airport taxi to Kemi takes around 15 minutes in travel time whereas the trip to Tornio takes approximately 25 minutes. There is a parking lot just in front of the terminal door. Prices for parking are 6 euros per day or 26 euros per week. Optional engine heater points cost for an extra 6 euros per day.
- "EFKE Kemi-Tornio" (PDF). AIP Suomi / Finland. Finavia. 12 February 2011. pp. EFKE AD 2.1, 1–12. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Finavia's Air Traffic Statistics 2010" (PDF). Vantaa: Finavia. pp. 7, 9. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Finnair adds new seasonal routes from Kemi in S17". routesonline. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Finavia's Air Traffic Statistics 2009" (PDF). Vantaa: Finavia. p. 13. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- "Finavia's Air Traffic Statistics 2010" (PDF). Vantaa: Finavia. p. 11. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
Media related to Kemi-Tornio Airport at Wikimedia Commons