|Charlotte Kemp Muhl|
Charlotte Kemp Muhl
|Born||August 17, 1987|
|Occupation||Singer-songwriter, writer, model|
|Partner(s)||Sean Lennon (2006–)|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Measurements||81-58-84 (EU); 32-23-33 (US)|
|Dress size||34 (EU)|
|Manager||Elite New York|
Charlotte Kemp Muhl (born August 17, 1987) is an American model, singer, and musician from Atlanta, Georgia. Modeling since the age of 13, Muhl, at 16 years old, became the youngest model to appear on the cover of Britain’s Harper's and Queen magazine. Muhl has been in a relationship with Sean Lennon since 2006.
Since 2006 when they met at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, Muhl has been in a relationship with Sean Lennon. In an interview, Lennon states he stumbled upon Muhl's musical talents over a year after they had started dating. Muhl and Lennon are involved in a number of musical endeavours, and much of their work is created in their own home based studio in Greenwich Village.
Muhl is a singer, self-taught guitarist, bassist, keyboard player, and also a multi-instrumentalist, with the instruments she plays including the Bayan (accordion). Lennon and Muhl are involved in a musical project, titled "The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger". The couple has also formed the record company "Chimera Music".
Kemp has another musical project she has formed with long time friend Eden Rice, called "Kemp and Eden." Kemp and Eden have recently been signed up under the independent label River Jones Music. They have an LP, Black Lace Hole, released in 2012. Muhl has stated on a number of occasions that she uses much of the funds she earns from her lucrative modeling career to fund and produce her music.
Muhl has a successful modeling career, and has been featured in campaigns for Tommy Hilfiger, Sisley, D&G, Donna Karan, Maybelline, Swarovski, and Jennifer Lopez’s brand J.LO. She has worked with Ellen Von Unwerth, Terry Richardson, Greg Kadel, Gilles Bensimon, and Steven Klein. From 2002-2005, Muhl was the spokesmodel of Vidal Sassoon in Asia, appearing in commercials and films across the continent.
Music videos appeared in
- In 2005, she appeared briefly as Steven Tyler’s love interest in Carlos Santana’s video for Just Feel Better
- Starred as Lola in Elefant's Lolita music video
- Appeared in Whirlwind Heat's Purple music video
- Appeared in Tiziano Ferro's Imbranato music video
- Appeared in Young Love's "Find A New Way (Terry Richardson Version)" music video
Music videos directed
- Directed and appeared in David Strange's "Aztec Corn" music video
- Directed and appeared in David Strange's "Vitamin Pills" music video
- Directed David Strange's "Cocaine" music video
- Directed David Strange's "Mean World" music video
- Also produced, arranged, played drums, and sang background vocals on David Strange's 2015 EP.
- Sang with her boyfriend Sean Lennon at the Occupy Wall Street protest, and both are involved in the anti-fracking movement.
- "Kemp Muhl in GQ Italia April 2009". Style Crave. April 2009. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- Leslie Bennetts Photograph by Patrick Demarchelier (2012-03-21). "His One And Ono". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl make sweet music as The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger". boston.com. 2 January 2011.
- "Mark Works with Lennon". Daily Mail. June 13, 2009. Retrieved February 18, 2010.
- "Pulse". The New York Times. January 22, 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- "Beauty and the Beat: Kemp Eden is more about the ethereal and the homemade face masks". style.com. August 2012.
- riverjonesmusic (2012-07-09). "Kemp & Eden « River Jones Music Label". Riverjonesmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Joe's Pub". Joespub.com. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- Rock and Pop Features. "Sean Lennon interview". Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- Girl of the Month: Charlotte Kemp Muhl (2010-03-16). "Girl of the Month: Charlotte Kemp Muhl - Celebrity Style and Fashion from". WhoWhatWear. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- "Maybelline - Kemp Muhl Behind the Scenes". Maybelline.ca. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kemp Muhl.|