He is the son of Ted Corday, the co-creator of Days of our Lives, and Betty Corday. His production company Corday Productions owns 1% of The Young and the Restless while Sony Pictures Television owns the majority of the serial.
- production assistant from 1977-1978
- 1979; assistant producer & music composer
- 1981; producer & Chief Executive Officer of Corday Productions Inc.
- May 1986 to present; Executive Producer
- Head Writer (during the 1988 Writers Guild of America strike)
Corday has been nominated for 16 Daytime Emmys. Corday won the Daytime Emmy Award for Music Direction and Composition For a Drama Series in 1990 and 1997, and was nominated in the same category in 2006 and 2007. He was nominated for the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Daytime Drama Series in 1983, 1984, 1985, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2009 and 2012.
He won the 2007 Film & TV Music Award for Best Score for a Television Daytime Drama for his work on the series.
University of California in 1977; master's degree in music composition
He married Sherry Williams in 1987. They have three children.