|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
Davenport Theatrical Enterprises
Davenport founded Davenport Theatrical Enterprises (DTE) in 2004, and creates, produces, and manages shows under that business. Davenport has produced several Broadway and Off-Broadway plays including the Broadway revival of "Macbeth" starring Alan Cumming, Kinky Boots, Godspell, Chinglish, Oleanna, Speed the Plow, You're Welcome America, Blithe Spirit, 13, Altar Boyz, The Awesome 80s Prom and My First Time. Kinky Boots was the winner of the 2013 Tony Award for Best Musical. Altar Boyz was the winner of the 2005 Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Off-Broadway Musical and the winner of the Broadway.com Audience Favorite Award for Long Running Off-Broadway Musical for two years in a row. The Awesome 80s Prom won the Improvisational Theater Association’s Award for Best Interactive Show in 2006.
Through a media division of DTE, Davenport Media Enterprises, Davenport manages an iPhone app called “At The Booth", maintains his own blog, “The Producer’s Perspective”, and also operates five other theatre industry-related websites. Davenport released the iPhone app in 2010. Developed with input from readers of Davenport’s blog, the app shows ticket availability at the TKTS booths in New York City for both Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. 
Davenport was named one of Crain's "40 Under 40", and received the 2010 Leonidas A. Nickole Award of Distinction from the Musical Theatre Society of Emerson College. He won the 2008 Spirit of Theatre Award from Theatre Resources Unlimited, and the 2003 Acclaim Screenwriting Award for his television pilot, I.C.A.
Davenport has been a guest lecturer at universities in the New York City metropolitan area. He has taught “Acting As A Business” for America Online and was profiled in the premiere issue of Experience magazine as a Broadway “up-and-comer.” His marketing techniques have been profiled in the New York Times and in marketing guru’s Andy Sernovitz’s book Word of Mouth Marketing.
Davenport is a member of the BMI Librettist Workshop and is a founding member of the Independent Theater Bloggers Association. He is also a senior member of The Off-Broadway Alliance, a town hall-like forum for dialogue among the Off-Broadway community.
- Semon, Craig S. (May 13, 2009). "'Awesome’ success:Tony nominations piling up for Sturbridge-born theater producer". Worcester Telegram & Gazette. Worcester, MA.
- "Kinky Boots on Broadway: Producer Credits". Playbill Vault. New York, NY. April 4, 2013.
- "Chinglish, Opening Night Production Credits" IBDB Internet Broadway Database retrieved August 12, 2012
- Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards - 2006
- Adam Hetrick “Avoid-the-Line:-New-iPhone-App-Reveals-TKTS-Show-List,-Discounts-and-More” Playbill.com July 23, 2010 retrieved August 29, 2012
- Crain's 40 Under 40 - 2008
- "Musical Theatre Society presents Leonidas A. Nickole Award of Distinction to Broadway producer Ken Davenport". Emerson College. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "TRU Love Benefit 08". Theatre Resources Unlimited. Retrieved 8 June 2015.