|Residence||Henderson, Nevada, U.S.|
|Born||June 28, 1940
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Died||November 7, 2004 (aged 64)
Henderson, Nevada, U.S.
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
Flaton won a World Series of Poker (WSOP) bracelet in 1983 in the $1,000 seven-card stud event. He also finished in the money of the $10,000 no limit hold'em main event in 1986 (28th), 1988 (23rd), 1990 (31st), and 1997 (18th).
Both Flaton and his peers have suggested that seven-card stud was his best game.(1)
Flaton died in November 2004(2) at St. Rose Dominican Hospital – Siena Campus, aged 64. He died of a heart attack, although he was suffering from lung cancer at the time, despite being a non-smoker. (3) He is survived by his wife Crystal and son Aaron. Flaton often kept a picture of Aaron with him when playing in poker tournaments.
Flaton got his nickname, Skyhawk, when Stu Ungar, after seeing Flaton spread his arms and then rake in the pot while in a poker tournament, commented that Flaton "swooped down on piles of chips like a 'skyhawk.' "
- "Prominent poker player 'Skyhawk' Flaton dies at 64". Las Vegas Sun. lasvegassun.com. 2004-11-09. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- Butt, Robert. "$ 1,000 Limit 7 Card Stud - 14th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1983". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- Butt, Robert. "Ken Flaton - results". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- Butt, Robert. "Ken Flaton - Stats". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- World Series of Poker Earnings, worldseriesofpoker.com