Ken Jennings (actor)
Ken Jennings (born October 10, 1947 in Jersey City, New Jersey) is an American stage actor most famous for his role as Tobias Ragg in the 1979 Broadway premiere of Stephen Sondheim's Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Jennings received the 1979 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical for this role. He has also performed in several other shows, including Urinetown in 2001.
He performed the voice of "Hunter #2" in the 1982 animated film The Last Unicorn.
NYC theatre credits
- All God's Chillun Got Wings - "Shorty" (1975)
- Sweeney Todd - "Tobias Ragg" (1979)
- Mayor - Ensemble (1985)
- Grand Hotel - "Georg Strunk" (1989)
- A Christmas Carol - Lamplighter/Ghost of Christmas Past (1994)
- London Assurance - "Mr. Adolphus Spanker" (1997)
- Side Show - "The Boss" (1997)
- Urinetown - "Old Man Strong/Hot Blades Harry" (2001)
- Mimi le Duck - "The Gypsy" (2006) Music by Brian Feinstein, book and lyrics by Diana Hansen-Young. Played New World Stages in New York City. Previewed on October 12, 2006, the show opened November 6 and closed December 3. This production starred stage legend, Eartha Kitt.
- Ken Jennings at the Internet Broadway Database
- Ken Jennings at the Internet Off-Broadway Database
- Sondheim.com: Side by Side with Ken Jennings
|This biography of a theatrical actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|