Ken Stimpson Community School
|Acting Principal||Mr Bryan Erwin|
|Chair of Governors||Bridget Holland|
|DfE URN||110882 Tables|
|Houses||Aspire, Excellence, Integrity, Success,|
|Colours||Red, Yellow, Blue, Green|
Ken Stimpson Community School is a co-educational secondary school and sixth form located in Peterborough in the English county of Cambridgeshire. The school is a Business & Enterprise specialist school.
Ken Stimpson Community School was founded in 1982, it was a tribute to Kenneth. W. Stimpson who was the Senior Area Education Officer between 1974 and 1979.
At Ken Stimpson Community School they have a wide range of activities and services that are available to the community such as a sports centre (which has a Gym and a sports hall) and the school is home to the Werrington Library. The school has advertisements outside the local Tesco store.
The subject that are taught at Ken Stimpson are:
- Business & Enterprise
- Design And Technology
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Physical Education
- Performing Arts
In June 2015, Ken Stimpson received the 360 Degree Safe E-Safety mark by the South West Grid for Learning and was the first school in Peterborough to get this certification. According to the 360 Degree Safe website, this demonstrates that the school shows good practice in their e-safety policies and procedures.
The school's latest Ofsted inspection result was Good.
- "Business & Enterprise | Ken Stimpson Community School". www.kscs.org.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kenneth_Stimpson_Plaque.JPG Kenneth Stimpson Commemorative Plaque
- http://www.vivacity-peterborough.com/venues/werrington-leisure-centre Vivacity Sports Centre & Library
- "Curriculum | Ken Stimpson Community School". kscs.org.uk. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- "360 degree safe - Latest E-safety Mark news - Successful E-Safety Mark Schools". www.360safe.org.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- "360 degree safe - Accreditation". www.360safe.org.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- "Ofsted | Ken Stimpson Community School". reports.ofsted.gov.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-21.