|Born||26 August 1950
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Died||19 June 2010
|Cause of death||Plane crash|
|Education||Mitchelton State High School|
|Net worth||A$965 million|
|Board member of||Sundance Resources|
Alison Ann Talbot (m. 1981-1991; div)Amanda Diane Talbot (m. 1995-2010; his death)
|Children||Liam, Courtney, Alexandra and Claudia|
Ken Talbot (26 August 1950 – 19 June 2010) was an Australian mining executive, he was the principal shareholder and former CEO of the Macarthur Coal Ltd mining company. He was the only child of Norman and Nita Talbot (née McIntyre). Talbot temporarily stood down as the CEO of the Macarthur Group Companies when he became embroiled in a controversy involving loans to controversial Labor MP Gordon Nuttall, who was jailed for corruption in July 2009. At the time of his death, he was a shareholder in Western Australian mining company Sundance Resources. His personal worth was estimated by Business Review Weekly at A$965 million.
On 19 January 2007, the Queensland Crime and Misconduct Commission charged Talbot with corruptly making payments totalling close to $360,000 to Nuttall. He was due to face court in Brisbane on 30 August 2010 on 35 charges relating to corruption.
On Saturday, 19 June 2010, Talbot was on a chartered flight between Yaoundé, Cameroon and Congo with his personal assistant, Natasha Flason as well as fellow Sundance Resources executives Geoff Wedlock, Don Lewis, John Carr-Gregg, John Jones and Craig Oliver, when the plane went missing. Rescuers found the wreckage of a missing plane carrying nine passengers and two crew, suspected to be Talbot's aircraft, in Congo on 21 June. There were no survivors.
- "Nuttall jailed for 7 years". ABC News. 17 July 2009. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- Keim, Tony; Swanwick, Tristan (17 July 2009). "Gordon Nuttall sentenced to seven years' jail". The Courier-Mail. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- Crime and Misconduct Commission - Media release
- "Missing miner Talbot ranged from coal to iron ore". smh.com.au. 21 June 2010. Retrieved 22 June 2010.
- "Sundance plane found in Congo with no survivors". news.com.au. 22 June 2010. Retrieved 22 June 2010.
- Kelly, James; Tapim, Francis (14 July 2010). "Hundreds honour mining magnate Talbot at funeral". abc.net.au. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- Flately, Christine (12 August 2010). "Court discharges corruption case against Ken Talbot". The Australian. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
|This Australian business biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|