Kenai Municipal Airport
Kenai Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Kenai|
|Elevation AMSL||99 ft / 30 m|
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 96,565 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 82,277 enplanements in 2009, and 86,857 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Kenai Municipal Airport covers an area of 1,200 acres (486 ha) at an elevation of 99 feet (30 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 2L/20R with a 7,855 by 150 feet (2,394 x 46 m) asphalt pavement and 2R/20L with a 1980 by 75 feet (604 x 23 m) gravel surface. It also has a seaplane landing area designated 2W/20W which measures 4,600 by 252 feet (1,402 x 77 m). In addition, the airport has two asphalt helipads that are 100 by 100 feet (30 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 1, 2011, the airport had 40,178 aircraft operations, an average of 110 per day: 58% air taxi, 32% general aviation, 8% military, and 3% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 61 aircraft based at this airport: 88.5% single-engine and 11.5% multi-engine.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service:
Historical airline jet service
During the late 1970s and early 1980s, the airport had scheduled passenger jet service to Seattle (SEA). In 1979, Wien Air Alaska was operating nonstop flights to Seattle three days a week with Boeing 737-200 jetliners. By 1981, Wien Air Alaska was flying daily direct Boeing 737-200 service to Seattle via an intermediate stop in Anchorage (ANC). Wien then discontinued jet service into the airport and by 1984 was only flying nonstop service to Anchorage with all flights operated with commuter turboprop aircraft.
- FAA Airport Master Record for ENA ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. effective May 31, 2012.
"Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
"Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
"2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012. External link in
- http://www.departedflights.com, Nov. 15, 1979 Official Airline Guide (OAG), Seattle/Tacoma International Airport flight schedules
- http://www.departedflights.com, April 1, 1981 Official Airline Guide (OAG), Anchorage & Seattle/Tacoma International Airport flight schedules
- http://www.departedflights.com, Sept. 1, 1984 Wien Airlines system timetable
- Kenai Municipal Airport, official web site
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective December 5, 2019
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Kenai Municipal (ENA), effective December 5, 2019
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an Alaska airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|