Kendall County Courthouse and Jail (Texas)
Kendall County Courthouse and Jail
|Coordinates||29°47′40″N 98°43′50″W / 29.79444°N 98.73056°WCoordinates: 29°47′40″N 98°43′50″W / 29.79444°N 98.73056°W|
|Area||3 acres (1.2 ha)|
|Architectural style||Gothic, Romanesque|
|NRHP reference No.||80004138|
|Added to NRHP||February 15, 1980|
|Designated TSAL||May 28, 1981|
The limestone Kendall County Courthouse and Jail are located in the San Antonio suburb of Boerne in the U.S. state of Texas. They were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 and the courthouse as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1970.
The courthouse was built as one storey in 1870 on land donated by local surveyor John James, and the limestone blocks came from local quarries. Philip Zoeller and S. F. Stendeback were the designers. In 1886, a second storey was added by Charles Buckel. Alfred Giles was contracted to add the 1909 front facade. The courthouse was in service until 1998, when Kendall County built a new courthouse across the street.
The 1887 limestone jail was designed and built by Pauly Jail Building and Manufacturing Company.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kendall County, Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in Kendall County
- ^ "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- ^ "THC-NRHP". Texas Historical Commission. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- ^ "THC-RTHL Kendall Co Courthouse". Texas Historical Commission. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- ^ Evans, Brent (2010). Boerne. Arcadia Publishing. p. 30. ISBN 978-0-7385-7943-6.
- ^ Zelade, Richard (2011). Lone Star Guide to the Texas Hill Country. Taylor Trade Publishing. p. 65. ISBN 978-1-58979-609-6.
- ^ "Kendall County Courthouse". Texas Escapes. Blueprints For Travel, LLC. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- ^ Blackburn, Edward A. (2005). Wanted: Historic County Jails of Texas. TAMU Press. p. 191. ISBN 978-1-58544-308-6.
Media related to Kendall County Courthouse and Jail at Wikimedia Commons
- Buildings and structures in Kendall County, Texas
- County courthouses in Texas
- Jails on the National Register of Historic Places in Texas
- Courthouses on the National Register of Historic Places in Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks
- Boerne, Texas
- National Register of Historic Places in Kendall County, Texas
- Jails in Texas