|Meaning||understanding or knowledge
|Look up Kendra in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Kendra is a female name of disputed origins. Kendra is a moderately popular female first name, ranking 403 out of 4275 for females of all ages in the 1990 U.S. Census. The name was at its most popular in the United States from the mid-1980s to mid-1990s, peaking in 1987. 
- Kendra Jade Rossi is an American model, actress, and former adult film star
- Kendra Smith, American musician
- Kendra Wilkinson, a former girlfriend of Hugh Hefner and star of the E! reality shows The Girls Next Door, Kendra and Kendra on Top
- Kendra Dumbledore, mother of Albus Dumbledore, a character in the Harry Potter novels
- Kendra Mason, a character from the TV series Degrassi: The Next Generation
- Kendra Saunders, a DC Comics superheroine, known as Hawkgirl
- Kendra Shaw, a character from the reimagined TV series Battlestar Galactica
- Kendra Sorenson, a character in the Fablehaven series
- Kendra Young, a character from the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- "Kendra - name meaning, origin". Think Baby Names. 2009. Retrieved August 10, 2010.
- "Baby names and the meaning of names starting with the letter "K"". The New Parents Guide. 2009. Retrieved August 10, 2010.