|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Pandaveswar|
Kendra Khottadih is a census town located partly in Pandabeswar CD Block in Durgapur subdivision and partly in Jamuria CD Block in Asansol Sadar subdivision, both in Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal.
Kendra Khottadih is located at.
The Asansol & Durgapur region is composed of undulating latterite soil. This area lies between two mighty rivers – the Damodar and the Ajay. They flow almost parallel to each other in the region – the average distance between the two rivers is around 30 km. For ages the area was heavily forested and infested with plunderers and marauders. The discovery of coal led to industrialisation of the area and most of the forests have been cleared.
As per 2011 Census of India the Pandabeswar portion of Kendra Khottamdi had a total population of 6,875 of which 3,571 (52%) were males and 3,304 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 712. The total number of literates in the Pandabeswar portion was 4,278 (69.41% of the population over 6 years). The Jamuria portion of Kendra Khottamdi had a total population of 3,875 of which 1,961 (51%) were males and 1,914 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 439. The total number of literates in the Jamuria portion was 2,191 (63.77% of the population over 6 years.
As of 2001[update] India census, Kendra Khottamdi had a population of 7,090. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Kendra Khottamdi has an average literacy rate of 60%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 49%. In Kendra Khottamdi, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Collieries in the Pandaveswar Area of Eastern Coalfields are: Madaipur, Mandarbani, Nutandanga, Pandaveswar, Dalurbandh, Kendra, Samla, South Samla, Khottadih, Kankartala, Dalurbandh OCP, Palasthali OCP and Gangaramchak OCP.
Kendra Khottadih has one primary and one higher secondary schools.
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (Bengali), Vol I, pp. 14–15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Coalmining impact on the Environment" (PDF). Chapter V: Table 5.2. shodganga.infibnet. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003