This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||March 27, 1974|
Kenosha, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Residence||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Known for||Chairman, CEO, and lead designer of Kendra Scott, LLC.|
|Spouse(s)||Matt Davis (m. 2014)|
Kendra Scott (born March 27, 1974) is an American fashion designer. She is the chairman, CEO, and lead designer of Kendra Scott, LLC. In 2017 she was named Ernst & Young's National Entrepreneur of the Year.
Early life and career
Kendra Scott was born in Kenosha, Wisconsin. She moved to Austin, Texas, at age 19.
Scott opened her first business, the Hat Box, which specializes in comfortable hats designed for women going through chemotherapy treatment. Scott sold "comfortable but stylish" pieces and donated a portion of the proceeds to cancer research.
Kendra Scott, LLC
Scott founded Kendra Scott LLC in 2002, designing her first collection with $500 in the spare bedroom of her home just after her oldest son was born. She walked store to store around Austin, selling to local boutiques, and at the last boutique she had to sell all of her samples to purchase enough materials to cover the orders she had made that first day.
As of the end of 2017, Scott has 75 retail stores. In addition to an e-commerce business, Scott's merchandise is also sold in London's Selfridges, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Von Maur, Bloomingdale's and over 600 specialty boutiques in the US.
Kendra Scott married Matt Davis on June 6, 2014, in Sedona, Arizona.
Scott is a philanthropist with a history of supporting women and children's causes.
Awards and recognition
Scott was awarded the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 National Award and the Breakthrough Award from the Accessories Council Excellence Awards. She is listed as #36 in Forbes' list of America's Richest Self-Made Women, been named Outstanding Mother of the Year by the Mother's Day Council, Texas Businesswoman of the Year by the Women's Chamber of Commerce, Top 100 Entrepreneurs of the Year by Upstart Business Journal and 2017 CEO of the Year by the Austin Business Journal.
- "Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Retail winner". www.ey.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Jones, Michael. "5 Secrets From Powerhouse Jewelry Designer Kendra Scott". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Entis, Laura (2015-04-13). "From an Extra Bedroom to 20 Stores and Counting: How Kendra Scott Created a Multimillion-Dollar Jewelry Empire". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Bauble Brilliant With Kendra Scott". Daily Front Row. 2015-02-20. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "The New York Times > Home & Garden > Image > Fashionable Pairs". www.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Custom Jewelry | Design Your Own Jewelry". www.kendrascott.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Strugatz, Rachel (2015-03-25). "Kendra Scott Scores With Color Bar". WWD. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "This Wildly Popular Texas Jewelry Company Is Now Worth $1 Billion". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "These Jewelry Launches Are Perfect For All Your Holiday Looks". thezoereport.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Celeb-Favorite Designer Kendra Scott is Making Super-Chic Accessories for Your Home". people.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Gemstone-Inspired Nail Polish? Why Thank You, Kendra Scott". InStyle.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Marfil, Lorelei (2017-11-17). "Kendra Scott Enters U.K. Market, Opens Selfridges Shop-in-Shop". WWD. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Samaha, Barry. "Jewelry Designer Kendra Scott On Why it's Important for Fashion Brands to be Philanthropic". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Introducing the Kendra Cares Program". www.kendrascott.com. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- Sidell, Misty White (2017-08-07). "Accessory Mavens Mull Successful Strategies in Lead-Up to ACE Awards". WWD. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Self-Made Women". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- O'Connor, Clare. "Jewelry Mogul Kendra Scott Joins America's Richest Self-Made Women List". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Lockwood, Lisa (2017-05-08). "Top Leaders in Beauty and Retail Honored at 2017 Outstanding Mother Awards". WWD. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Kendra Scott named one of America's top 100 entrepreneurs". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "Amid rapid expansion, Austin jewelry chain founder named Austin Business Journal's CEO of the Year". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "KENDRA SCOTT".