|Full name||Kendrick James Farris|
July 2, 1986 |
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||94 kg (207 lb)|
|Coached by||Kyle Pierce|
Kendrick James Farris (born July 2, 1986) is an Olympic weightlifter from the United States. He competed for the United States in the 85 kg weight class at the 2008 Summer Olympics where he placed 8th. Farris also participated in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London where he placed 10th. He was the Silver Medalist at the 2013 Summer Universiade and the Pan-American Champion in 2010. Farris is coached by Kyle Pierce.
Born in Shreveport, Louisiana, Farris attended Louisiana State University in Shreveport. He is a Christian. He and his wife Katrina have two sons, Khalil and Kingsley. He has been a vegan since late 2014.
- "Kendrick J. Farris (USA) Nanjing 2014 YOG Athlete Role Model". International Weightlifting Federation. 2014-03-17. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
He participated in two Olympic Games: Beijing 2008 and London 2012, Silver Medallist at the 2013 Summer Universiade, Kendrick J. Farris was Pan-American Champion in 2010.
- "National Championships & USA Olympic Team Trials Report". CH Fitness and Performance. Arlington, Virginia. 2016-05-10. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
2x Olympian Kendrick Farris ... showed out in the 94 kg weight class with personal bests in the snatch (168 kg) and in the clean and jerk (209 kg) to set an American record with a 377 kg total. Kendrick was the top qualifier among eight weightlifters who advanced to the Pan American Championships in June in Colombia to secure slot for the Men’s Olympic team.
- Quin, Danny (2016-08-14). "U.S. weightlifter Kendrick Farris: 'I have no plans on retiring'". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- "About Kendrick". Kendrick J. Farris. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- Farris, Kendrick. "The centerpiece of my peace is God, my Lord and Savior". Beyond The Ultimate. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- "Kendrick Farris profile". Olympic Games London 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02.
- Tachdjian, Lena (2016-05-16). "Vegan Athlete Kendrick Farris Breaks American Lifting Record! [VIDEO]". Clearly Veg. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
The 29-year-old has been a vegan since 2014
- Katcher, Joshua (2016-05-15). "More Vegan Athletes Rise to the Top". The Discerning Brute. New York City. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
... twenty-nine-year-old Kendrick Farris, an Olympic weightlifter, coach and Olympian who went vegan in late 2014.
- Kendrick Farris Official website
- Farris's Profile on Team USA (U.S. Olympic athletes) website
- Farris's Profile on NBC Olympics website
- Farris, Kendrick (2016-08-11). "The Vegan Diet of American Olympic Weightlifter Kendrick Farris". Men's Fitness (Interview). Interview with Michael Rodio. Retrieved 2016-08-19.