|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Ben Henderson|
|• Total||1.15 km2 (0.44 sq mi)|
|Elevation||670 m (2,200 ft)|
|• Density||2,164.3/km2 (5,606/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||−1.5%|
According to the 2001 federal census, approximately eight out of ten (77.7%) of the residences in the neighbourhood were built during the 1960s. Most of the remainder were constructed between the end of World War II and 1960.
The 2005 municipal census indicates the most common type or dwelling in the neighbourhood is the single-family dwelling. These account for four out of every five (81%) of all the dwellings in Kenilworth. Another one in eight residences (12%) are duplexes. The remaining 7% are apartments in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. roughly eight out of ten residences (82%) are owner occupied with the remainder being rented.
There are three schools in the neighbourhood. The Waverly Elementary School and the Kenilworth Junion High School are operated by the Edmonton Public School System. The remaining school is the Ecole Jeanne D'Arc.
The neighbourhood also has an arena, the Kenilworth Arena.
The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by 75 Street, on the east by 50 Street, on the south by 82 (Whyte) Avenue, and on the north by 90 Avenue.
The west end of the Sherwood Park Freeway is located just to the south of the neighbourhood, providing access to Sherwood Park.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Kenilworth had a population of 2,489 living in 1,098 dwellings, a -1.5% change from its 2009 population of 2,526. With a land area of 1.15 km2 (0.44 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,164.3 people/km2 in 2012.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
- "Kenilworth Community League". Kenilworth Community League. Retrieved October 10, 2017.
- Kuban, Ron (2005). Edmonton's Urban Villages: The Community League Movement. University of Alberta Press. ISBN 9781459303249.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.