Kennedale Independent School District
|Kennedale Independent School District|
United States of America
|Motto||Committed to Excellence|
|Governing agency||Texas Education Agency|
|NCES District ID||4825500|
|Students and staff|
Kennedale ISD's motto is "Committed to Excellence"
Kennedale ISD has five schools - four in Kennedale and one (R.F. Patterson Elementary) in Arlington.
- Kennedale High School (Grades 9-12)
- Kennedale Junior High (Grades 7-8)
- James A. Arthur Intermediate (Grades 5-6)
- James F. Delaney Elementary (Grades PK-4)
- R.F. Patterson Elementary (Grades K-4)
|Subject||Kennedale ISD||Region 11||State of Texas|
Students in Kennedale typically perform close to local region and state-wide averages on standardized tests. In 2015-2016 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) results, 80% of students in Kennedale ISD met Level II Satisfactory standards, compared with 77% in Region 11 and 75% in the state of Texas. The average SAT score of the class of 2015 was 1413, and the average ACT score was 22.1.
In the 2015-2016 school year, the school district had a total of 3,134 students, ranging from pre-kindergarten through grade 12. The class of 2015 included 228 graduates; the annual drop-out rate across grades 9-12 was less than 1%.
As of the 2015-2016 school year, the ethnic distribution of the school district was 48.7% White, 22.0% Hispanic, 20.7% African American, 4.0% Asian, 0.5% American Indian, 0.4% Pacific Islander, and 3.8% from two or more races. Economically disadvantaged students made up 39.9% of the student body.
- Kennedale ISD: Superintendent's Office
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Kennedale Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "2015-16 Texas Academic Performance Report, KENNEDALE ISD". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "Kennedale ISD". Retrieved 31 October 2018.