Igboananike playing for AIK
|Full name||Chibuike Kennedy Igboananike|
|Date of birth||26 February 1989|
|Place of birth||Nri-Igbo, Nigeria|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2006||Dynamo Football Academy|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:30, 13 February 2017 (UTC).
Igboananike began his career with Dynamos Football Academy. He joined Djurgårdens IF in 2007 but only played twice during his time at the club. He played his first game on 19 June 2007 against Hammarby IF. He moved on trial to IK Brage but was not signed. In January 2008 he was contracted with Vasalunds IF and went on to become the top scorer of the Division 1 Norra in 2008.
As of the 2010 season he returned to Djurgården. He scored in his comeback away against BK Häcken, when he equalized the score to 1–1 in the match which Djurgården ultimately lost 2–1. Igboananike was Djurgården's top scorer in the 2010 season, scoring nine goals in 27 games.
On 15 November 2012, Stockholm rivals AIK announced they had signed a three-year deal with Igboainanike. He got the number 21 jersey, because the number 7 was occupied by midfielder Helgi Daníelsson. During one of Kennedy's first games, against Gefle IF he scored a 96th-minute winner for his new club.
Igboananike signed with Chicago Fire SC of Major League Soccer on 2 December 2014 to a Designated Player contract. He played with the Fire during the 2015 season and into the first half of the 2016 season.
D.C. United acquired Igboananike on 29 July 2016 in an exchange with the Fire, trading targeted Allocation money and a third-round pick in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft. Igboananike made his debut with his new club two days later in a 1-1 draw with Montreal Impact.
- As of 13 February 2017.
|Sweden||League||Svenska Cupen||Europa League||Total|
|2008||Vasalunds IF||Division 1||25||18||—||25||18|
|United States||League||US Open Cup||Champions League||Total|
|2015||Chicago Fire||Major League Soccer||31||7||3||2||—||34||9|
|2016||Major League Soccer||18||4||3||0||—||21||4|
|2016||D.C. United||Major League Soccer||7||1||0||0||—||7||1|
|Greece||League||Greek Cup||Champions League||Total|
- "Kennedy Igboananike profile". Soccerway. 13 February 2017. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- "Hammarby IF – Djurgården" (in Swedish). Djurgårdens IF Fotboll. 20 June 2007. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Igboananike vill bli Superettans skyttekung" (in Swedish). Svenskfotboll. 5 June 2009. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Djurgården värvar tillbaka jättetalangen" (in Swedish). Dagens Nyheter. 15 December 2009. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Kennedy stannar i Djurgården" (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. 24 November 2010. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "NEWS: Chicago Fire Sign Nigerian Forward Kennedy Igboananike". Chicago Fire. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "United acquire Kennedy Igboananike from Chicago Fire". Retrieved 3 August 2016.
|This biographical article related to Nigerian football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|