Kennedy Park (Hayward, California)
Kennedy Park is a large, multi-use park in Hayward, California, managed by the Hayward Area Recreation and Park District (HARD). It is the most heavily used park in the district. The park is adjacent to McConaghy Park, which contains McConaghy House, a historic property, built in 1886, and managed as a house museum by HARD and the Hayward Area Historical Society. McConaghy House features Stick/Eastlake architecture. It lies within San Lorenzo. In 2013, plans to renovate the park and combine the park and house into a Victorian-style venue were proposed.
Kennedy Park contains a merry-go-round, a petting zoo, a pony ride, and a 2 ft (610 mm) narrow gauge railroad with a train pulled by a Chance Rides C.P. Huntington locomotive. There are also picnic and activity areas, as well as a snack bar. The park is open every day during the summer and on the weekends during the rest of the year, weather permitting.
- "InsideBayArea.com: Oakland and East Bay News, Sports, Jobs, Cars and Real Estate". Nl.newsbank.com. 2005-07-28. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Parr, Rebecca. "Hayward: Park district seeks residents' ideas on Kennedy Park - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- "?Santa Claus, Dickens and carolers at the McConaghy House". Tri City Voice. 2011-12-09. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Rebecca ParrThe Daily Review. "Kennedy Park in Hayward to get a makeover - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. Retrieved 2014-04-12.
- Directory of Historic House Museums in the United States, Patricia Chambers Walker, Thomas Graham, Walnut Creek, California:AltaMira Press. Oxford: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2000. page 21
- Kennedy Park at the HARD website
- McConaghy Park at the HARD website
- McConaghy House at the Hayward Area Historical Society website