Acker with the San Francisco 49ers
February 6, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Portland (OR) Grant|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 6 / Pick: 180|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Kenneth Acker (born February 6, 1992) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Southern Methodist University.
Acker started out at Southern Methodist University, playing football as a freshman in 2010. He remained in SMU until 2013, when he graduated as a Senior and entered the 2014 NFL Draft. During his time at SMU, Acker made 128 tackles, 31 assisted tackles, 6 interceptions, and scored a defensive touchdown. His most successful year was his Junior year in 2012, when he made the Top 10 in the Conference USA for punt return yards, interceptions, interception return yards, interception return touchdowns, and passes defended.
San Francisco 49ers
Acker was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft, before signing a four-year contract with the 49ers. He played during the pre-season, and impressed during the game against the Denver Broncos, drawing an offensive penalty, knocked away a pass, and even made an interception, only for it to be called back due to a penalty. Acker played through the pre-season with a stress fracture in his left foot, and was placed on injured reserve shortly after the diagnosis.
After a strong preseason in 2015, Acker was given the starting cornerback job shortly before the 49ers regular season opener against the Minnesota Vikings. Acker was on the field for a team high 56 defensive snaps in a 20-3 49ers victory. Through Week 14, Acker had impressed in his starting role, having amassed 3 interceptions (tied for the team lead), 8 pass deflections and 58 solo tackles.  He lost his starting job that week to Dontae Johnson.
Kansas City Chiefs
- "Kenneth Acker". Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- "49ers sign Kenneth Acker to 4-year contract". May 16, 2014. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- "49ers CB Kenneth Acker was playing with fractured foot". September 3, 2014. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- "49ers Trade CB Kenneth Acker". 49ers.com. August 27, 2016.
- "Indianapolis Colts Sign Free Agent Cornerback Kenneth Acker". Colts.com. April 11, 2018.
- "Roster Move: Colts Sign Safety Michael Cirino". Colts.com. May 15, 2018.
- Williams, Charean (August 11, 2018). "Jaguars sign Kenneth Acker, Bryce Canady". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- Oehser, John (September 1, 2018). "Roster reduction: Jaguars move to 53 players". Jaguars.com.