|Full name||Kenneth David Bowman|
|Born||6 March 1937
Great Ouseburn, West Riding of Yorkshire, England
|Died||10 October 2013 (aged 76)
Bromborough, Cheshire, England
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||15 st 1 lb (96 kg)|
Kenneth "Ken" David Bowman (6 March 1937 — 10 October 2013) birth registered in Great Ouseburn, Harrogate, was an English professional rugby league footballer who played in the 1960s. He played at representative level for Great Britain, and at club level for Fishergate Primary School, Heworth A.R.L.F.C., Huddersfield, and Bradford Northern, as a wing, or second-row, i.e. number 2 or 5, or, 11 or 12, during the era of contested scrums, he died from cancer in The Wirrall.
Challenge Cup Final appearances
Ken Bowman played right-second-row, i.e. number 12, in Huddersfield's 6-12 defeat by Wakefield Trinity in the 1961–62 Challenge Cup Final during the 1961–62 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 12 May 1962, in front of a crowd of 81,263.
County Cup Final appearances
Ken Bowman played right-second-row, i.e. number 12, and scored a try in Huddersfield's 15-8 victory over York in the 1957–58 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1957–58 season at Headingley Rugby Stadium, Leeds on Saturday 19 October 1957, and played right-second-row in the 10-16 defeat by Wakefield Trinity in the 1960–61 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1960–61 season at Headingley Rugby Stadium, Leeds on Saturday 29 October 1960.
Ken Bowman's marriage to Beryl F. (née Bones) was registered during July→September 1957 in York district, they had children; Paul A. A. Bowman (birth registered April→June 1962 (age 55–56) in Huddersfield district), and Chris David Bowman (birth registered April→June 1966 (age 51–52) in Huddersfield district).
Outside of rugby league
Ken Bowman was a salesman and later a sales manager at Leyland Paints, later named Kalon Group PLC, he moved to the Wirral in 1977, he retired from work in 2002, he was captain of Bromborough Golf Club, and a regular church goer.
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- Briggs, Cyril & Edwards, Barry (12 May 1962). The Rugby League Challenge Cup Competition - Final Tie - Huddersfield v Wakefield Trinity - Match Programme. Wembley Stadium Ltd. ISBN n/a
- Gronow, David (2008). 100 Greats: Huddersfield Rugby League Football Club. Stroud: Stadia. p. 17. ISBN 978-0-7524-4584-7.
- "Marriage details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2014.