|Birth name||Thomas Raymond Latimer|
6 August 1986 |
|Residence||Tampa, Florida, United States|
|Spouse(s)||Charlotte (m. 2013; div. 2015)|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Billed weight||238 lb (108 kg)|
|Billed from||Chesterfield, England
King's Lynn, England
|Trained by||Jeff Kaye|
Thomas Raymond Latimer (born 6 August 1986) is an English professional wrestler and occasional actor, signed with TNA under the ring name Bram. Before signing to TNA, he performed under the ring name Kenneth Cameron for WWE's developmental territories FCW and NXT.
- 1 Professional wrestling career
- 2 Personal life
- 3 Filmography
- 4 In wrestling
- 5 Championships and accomplishments
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Professional wrestling career
Early career (2003–2010)
Although Latimer didn't grow up watching professional wrestling, he discovered a video recording of WrestleMania VIII and later the 1998 King of the Ring and from then on in he was hooked on wrestling. Latimer initially debuted in wrestling as a referee in 2002 and eventually began to wrestle with no prior training. He began wrestling small promotion called SWWA in Birmingham where he wrestled as Tom Savage until 2003 when he moved to Harrogate and joined a wrestling school in Leeds run by World of Sport veteran Jeff Kaye. He changed his name to Brendon Fraser at a festival called the Bulldog Bash. Later in 2005 before a squash match WWE wanted him to change his name, therefore he changed Brendon to Brandon and because he was nicknamed T at Jeff Kaye's wrestling school he put the two together to become Brandon T. In said squash match he teamed up with fellow Jeff Kaye wrestling school member, Chris Chaos to take on Snitsky and Tyson Tomko on Heat on 21 November 2005. Latimer debuted for All Star Wrestling on 7 July 2008, losing to Drew McDonald. He would spend most of the remaining decade wrestling for ASW until signing with WWE. His last match was tag team over the top rope elimination match when he teamed with Kid Cool, Shadow Phoenix and Tony Spitfire and lost to Dave Mastiff, Mikey Whiplash, Rampage Brown and Spud.
World Wrestling Entertainment / WWE
Florida Championship Wrestling (2010–2012)
Latimer signed with WWE in late 2010 and debuted at WWE's developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling on 20 January 2011 as Kenneth Cameron. He teamed with fellow British debutant Monty Lynch in a losing effort against the FCW Florida Tag Team Champions Damien Sandow and Titus O'Neil in a non-title bout. The pair won their first match in FCW only a week later against Jacob Novak and an unknown wrestler. Cameron's first few television appearances came in the form of losing to established FCW talent such as Brodus Clay, this is customary in most wrestling promotions around the world.
On 28 August 2011, Ricardo Rodriguez announced the formation of a stable called The Ascension, with members including Cameron, Conor O'Brian, Tito Colon, and Raquel Diaz. The first match to include all members in some capacity came on 1 September 2011, and saw Cameron, Colon and O’Brian, accompanied by Diaz, defeating CJ Parker, Donny Marlow and Johnny Curtis. On 30 September, Cameron and Colon had a shot at the FCW Tag Team Championship but lost to the current champions of CJ Parker and Donny Marlow. By October, however, the Ascension was no longer associated with Rodriguez, as video packages promoting the Ascension in new supernatural dark characters only featured the other four Ascension members without Rodriguez. By the end of November the Ascension had all but disbanded because O'Brian was injured, Colon had been called up to WWE to team with his cousin Primo, and Diaz became Queen of FCW and distanced herself from the group. This left Cameron as the sole survivor of the Ascension and he continued to use the Ascension gimmick during his appearances. However the disintegration of the Ascension would prove to be beneficial for Cameron as he would go onto a three-month singles winning streak beating the likes of Jiro and Calvin Raines until he finally lost to Colin Cassady on 23 February 2012. On 15 March 2012 Cameron was accompanied to the ring by the returning Conor O'Brian in his match against Byron Saxton, the match ended in disqualification when O'Brian interfered. Cameron and O'Brian began wrestling as a tag team using the name The Ascension, and their first tag team match together came on 23 March when the two defeated Jason Jordan and Xavier Woods. The Ascension suffered their first loss when the pair lost to the FCW Tag Team Champions, Corey Graves and Jake Carter, in a title bout. After this loss the Ascension would go on another winning streak which included defeating Adam Mercer and Chad Baxter, Jason Jordan and Mike Dalton, Brad Maddox and Rick Victor in a fatal four way elimination match.
When WWE rebranded its developmental territory, FCW, into NXT Wrestling, Cameron and O'Brian (wrestling as the Ascension) debuted on the 20 June 2012 episode of the rebooted of WWE NXT taped at Full Sail University, where they defeated Mike Dalton and CJ Parker. The Ascension then started a feud with The Usos, defeating them on the 5 September NXT, and also scored a win over Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd on the 3 October NXT. Two weeks later, the Ascension teamed up with Kassius Ohno to defeat Richie Steamboat and The Usos.
Latimer was released from WWE on 30 November 2012 after being charged with battery of a law enforcement officer and disorderly intoxication in St. Petersburg, Florida. Latimer had previously been arrested in January 2011 for driving under the influence.
Independent circuit (2013–present)
After his non-compete clause expired, Latimer began competing on the independent circuit while reusing the Kenneth Cameron ring name and The Ascension gimmick, as he lost to Tommy Taylor at an NWA Florida Underground Wrestling event on 9 February 2013. He made his debut for World Xtreme Wrestling on the 27 February episode of WXW Rage where he lost to CJ Doyle. Cameron would wrestle at Full Impact Pro Establish Dominance and defeated Johnny Vandal. After the match, Larry Dallas, who was at ringside with Scott Reed, Trina Michaels and Buggy Nova offered Cameron a spot with The Scene, which Cameron turned down. Vandal then attacked Cameron and asked to join The Scene. On the 3 April episode of WXW Rage, after defeating Tony Torres, Kenneth came out to the ring and demanded a shot at the recently vacated WXW Television Championship which he got after laying out Doyle. He would go on to lose to Doyle. At FIP Ascension, Cameron would team up with Tommy Taylor to take on new Scene members, the Bravado Brothers (Harlem and Lance), which they lost after interference by the Scene. At FUW Throwdown 2, Cameron took on Bruce Santee in a match for the NWA FUW Bruiserweight Championship, which he would lose. At FUW Throwdown 3, Cameron helped Rule Britannia (Andreas Rossi and Tommy Taylor) defeat JD Maverick and James Alexander after interfering in their match and also becoming the third member of Rule Britannia. On 9 June at an FUW event, Cameron was defeated by Michael Tarver in a NWA FUW Heavyweight Championship match. On 1 September FUW TV tapings, Cameron defeated Tommy Taylor, after the match, both men shook hands in a sign of respect for each other. At FUW Throwdown 7, Cameron took on Kahagas for the NWA North American Heavyweight Championship and lost. On 20 December 2014, Cameron defeated Valkabious to win the EPW World Heavyweight Championship.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
Teaming and feuding with Magnus (2014–2015)
On 11 April 2014, Latimer had a tryout with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling before One Night Only: X-Travaganza II. On the 1 May 2014 episode of Impact Wrestling, Latimer debuted as Bram in a backstage segment with Magnus where he would chastise his kayfabe childhood friend, claiming he had "gone soft." Bram would make his in ring debut on the 15 May episode of Impact Wrestling, where he and Magnus would lose to Willow in a handicap match. During the match and those that proceeded it, Bram would encourage Magnus to let out a more intense side and use weapons but Magnus would refuse. On the 29 May episode of Impact Wrestling, Bram quickly defeated Tigre Uno in his first singles match and would proceed to beat down Uno after the match only to be stopped by Magnus. On the 5 June episode of Impact Wrestling, Bram lost to Willow by disqualification following interference by Magnus after he attacked Willow with a steel pry bar. Following Slammiversary XII, Bram and Magnus lost a TNA World Tag Team Championship match against The Wolves after a chair shot from Magnus; they continued to beat the champions until Willow and Abyss made the save. On the 26 June episode of Impact Wrestling, Bram and Magnus defeated Willow and Abyss in a Monster's Ball match. On 20 August, at Hardcore Justice, Bram defeated Abyss in a Stairway to Janice Match. He injured his hand during the match and later had surgery to repair it. On the 22 October episode of Impact Wrestling, Bram declared himself the new "King of Hardcore" and would go on to feud with hardcore legends, including Devon and the "Innovator of Violence" Tommy Dreamer.
On the 23 January 2015 episode of Impact Wrestling, Bram competed in the Feast or Fired match, after which he argued with his tagteam partner Magnus, who had grabbed the final case later revealed to have contained a TNA World Tag Team Championship match. The following week Bram attacked Magnus backstage, effectively ending their partnership. They would continue to attack each other, with Bram even threatening Mickie James -- Magnus' wife. The feud culminated in a No DQ match, which Magnus would win.
Various feuds (2015–present)
Bram would then appear in vignettes about his hatred of everyone and everything, attacking cameramen and backstage officials. At Destination X, he would cut a promo stating he would "rewrite history" and challenged any TNA wrestler from the past to an No Holds Barred match. Crimson would answer the challenge and be defeated by Bram. The following week, he defeated Joseph Park. On the 24 June 2015 episode of Impact Wrestling, Bram lost to Vader by disqualification. At Slammiversary XIII, Bram defeated Matt Morgan in a Street Fight. On 31 August 2015, Bram was suspended indefinitely due to his domestic battery arrest and felony charges of false imprisonment. On the 16 September episode of Impact Wrestling, Bram was revealed as the final team member for Team TNA in TNA vs GFW's Lethal Lockdown match. Bram's suspension was lifted on 19 October when all of the charges against him were dropped. Following his return, Bram took part in the TNA World Title Series and he placed second of his block by defeating Rockstar Spud and Grado and losing to Drew Galloway, receiving 6 points to advance to the round of 16, where he lost to Davey Richards therefore being eliminated from the tournament.
On the 19 April episode of Impact Wrestling, Young would attack Bram and ending their alliance, turning Bram into a face in the process. The following week, Bram defeated Eric Young to become the new TNA King of the Mountain Champion. He would lose the title to Eli Drake on May 31, ending his reign at 35 days. He had a rematch at Slammiversary but was defeated. After losing the title, Bram entered a storyline with Decay, where Rosemary kiss kim in the backstage.
Latimer was married to fellow professional wrestler Ashley Fliehr, who performs in WWE as Charlotte. This made him the son-in-law of Ric Flair. On 30 August 2015, Latimer was arrested in Gulfport, Florida and charged with two felony counts of domestic battery by strangulation and false imprisonment. The incident did not involve Fliehr, but did involve a woman being reported as Latimer's girlfriend. Latimer was released from jail on 1 September, after posting a $5,000 bond. On 19 October, all charges against Latimer were dropped. On 29 October, Latimer and Fleihr finalized their divorce.
|2013||Best Buds 2D||Merch|
|2013||Blind Tag||Brice Allen Mitchell||Action Film Challenge Award for Best Hero|
|2013||Of Dice and Men: The Musical||Barbarian|
|2013||The Adventures of William Strickland: Chick Magnet||Ellison|
|2014||Dragons of Camelot||Bors|
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
- With Conor O'Brian
- "King of Hardcore" (TNA)
- "The Human Nightmare" (TNA)
- "The Human Hate Machine" (TNA)
- "The Chesterfield Plague" (TNA)
- Entrance themes
- "Let Battle Commence" by Daniel Nielsen (FCW / NXT; October 9, 2011 – November 14, 2012; used as a member of The Ascension)
- "Vs the World" by Under the Influence (TNA; May 15, 2014 – July 24, 2014; used while teaming with Magnus)
- "Catatonic" by Dale Oliver (TNA / ICW / Independent circuit; May 29, 2014 – present)
Championships and accomplishments
- EPW American Wrestling
- EPW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- "Tom Latimer". IMDb.
- http://forums.onlineworldofwrestling.com/showthread.php/17403-FCW-Ascension[unreliable source]
- "WWE News: FCW name being phased out". Wrestling Observer. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- Bishop, Matt. "WWE NXT: Kidd, McGillicutty start new show off in style". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 8/15 - Week 9: Gold Rush tournament continues, Scotty 2 Hotty cameo, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT RESULTS 9/5: Hero (Ohno) vs. Steamboats feud, Ross interviews new NXT champ, Clay, Usos, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 10/3 - Week 16: Kidd & Gabriel main event, Showtime is back, Ohno-Steamboat issue continues, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- James, Justin. "JAMES'S WWE NXT REPORT 10/17 - Week 17: Six-man tag main event, Barreta & others, Overall Reax". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Johnson, Mike. "WWE TALENT ARRESTED, RELEASED". PWInsider. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- Trionfo, Richard (2013-03-15). "COMPLETE FIP ESTABLISH DOMINANCE iPPV COVERAGE: JON DAVIS VERSUS SAMURAY DEL SOL; DOS BEN DEJOS VERSUS THE SCENE; MAXWELL CHICAGO, A SURPRISE RETURN TO THE COMPANY; AND MORE". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- Trionfo, Richard (2013-04-26). "COMPLETE FIP ASCENSION REPORT: HOMICIDE VERSUS JON DAVIS; DOS BEN DEJOS VERSUS KOA; BRAVADOS MAKE THEIR PRESENCE KNOWN; IS IT TIME TO START CHICAGOING?". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- "NWA FUW Saturday May 25 Results". NWA Florida Underground Wrestling. 2013-05-25. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Florida Full Throtle Presents: NWA FUW June 9 Results". NWA Florida Underground Wrestling. 2013-06-09. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- "6/26 Impact Wrestling results".
- "Hardcore Justice 2014 results".
- "TNA Impact Wrestling Results 1/23: Knockout Fired, MVP & Lashley Brawl In The Street, More".
- Caldwell, James (31 August 2015). "TNA news: TNA wrestler arrested on serious felony charges, TNA issues statement". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Johnson, Mike (19 October 2015). "TNA-Bram update". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "TNA Impact Tapings For 1/12".
- "TNA LockDown 2016 Results (2/23) – Hardy vs EC3, KO’s Enter Lethal Lockdown, Lee Retains".
- "** SPOILERS ** TNA Impact Wrestling And Sacrifice Tapings From 3/19".
- Ahmed, Tufayel (6 October 2014). "TNA Wrestling's Bram on his famous father-in-law Ric Flair: 'It's not something you think about, it feels normal'". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Subject Charge Report". Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. Archived from the original on 31 August 2015. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Meltzer, Dave (31 August 2015). "TNA News: Thomas "Bram" Latimer arrested and suspended". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- Caldwell, James (1 September 2015). "TNA news: Bram released from jail on bond; details on Monday's court hearing". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- Johnson, Mike (19 October 2015). "Charges against TNA star Thomas 'Bram' Latimer dropped". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "IMPACT Results: New #1 World Title Contender, Tag Team and Knockouts Championship and More. - Page 3". Impactwrestling.com. 6 March 2015. Archived from the original on 27 June 2015. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "CALDWELL'S TNA IMPACT RESULTS 5/29: Complete "virtual-time" coverage of Orlando Impact".
- Short, Josh. "9/12 Short's NXT Review: Tyson Kidd vs. Michael McGillicutty in a No. 1 Contenders Match, Jey Uso vs. Kenneth Cameron, Big E Langston and Damien Sandow in singles matches, wrestler's return announced". Prowrestling.net. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: KASSIUS OHNO MAKES A STATEMENT; BIG E LANGSTON RAISES IT TO FIVE; SETH ROLLINS DOES SOMETHING LOGICAL WHEN CONFRONTED BY AN OPPONENT; WHERE'S TRENT; AND KIDD/MCGILLICUTTY IN THE MAIN EVENT". PWInsider. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: NXT TITLE MATCH NEXT WEEK; OHNO/STEAMBOAT CONTINUES; ASCENSION IN ACTION; CM PUNK TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE NEXT WEEK". PWInsider. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- Boutwell, Josh. "TNA IMPACT WRESTLING RESULTS - 5/8/14 (WILLOW VS. MAGNUS)". WrestleView. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: A NEW SETTING; A NEW COMMENTARY TEAM; SOME NEW FACES; THE USUAL FROM TYSON KIDD AND MICHAEL MCGILLICUTTY". PWInsider. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
O’Brian tags back in and they hit the DownCast (Cameron with a jaw breaker and Conor with a flapjack) for the three count.
- Bishop, Matt. "WWE NXT: Steamboat, Ohno continue on". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- Trionfo, Richard. "WWE NXT REPORT: THE FIRST NXT CHAMPION IS CROWNED; DOES LIGHTNING STRIKE TWICE FOR DALTON AND JORDAN?; DID WE SEE THE MOST DOMINANT FORCE IN NXT IN THE RING?; THE USOS AND ASCENSION BATTLE". PWInsider. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
The Ascension with Total Elimination to Jey on the floor. They give Jimmy Total Elimination in the ring.
- "TOI". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- "EPW World Heavyweight Championship match 12/20".
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2015". The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved 2015-10-05.
- "New TNA Tag Team Champions And King Of The Mountain Champion Crowned On TNA Impact Tonight".