Kenneth E. Bailey
Bailey was born in Bloomington, Illinois. He spent 40 years (1955–1995) teaching in Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel and Cyprus. He has a degree in Arabic and literature, systematic theology and wrote his dissertation in the field of New Testament. He was ordained by the Presbyterian Church (USA). Since 1962 he taught for the Near East School of Theology in Beirut (since 1974 as professor for New Testament studies), where he founded the Institute for Middle Eastern New Testament Studies. From 1985 to 1995, he taught at the Ecumenical Institute for Theological Research in Jerusalem. He taught at Princeton University and was associate professor of theology in Dubuque, McCormick and Pittsburgh as well as the Fuller Theological Seminary in Los Angeles.
In 1990, Bailey moved to Nicosia, Cyprus and became Canon Theologian of the Anglican Episcopal Diocese of Cyprus and the Gulf. In June 1997, he became Canon Theologian of the Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh of the Episcopal Church (United States). Bailey resided in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania.
- The Good Shepherd. InterVarsity Press, 2014. ISBN 978-0-8308-4063-2.
- Paul Through Mediterranean Eyes. InterVarsity Press, 2011. ISBN 978-0-8308-3934-6.
- Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes. InterVarsity Press, 2008. ISBN 978-0-8308-2568-4.
- Open Hearts in Bethlehem (A Christmas Musical) 2005.
- God Is … Dialogues on the Nature of God. FFM, 2005.
- The Cross and the Prodigal, InterVarsity, 2005. ISBN 978-0-8308-3281-1.
- Jacob and the Prodigal: How Jesus Retold Israel’s Story, InterVarsity, 2003.
- Finding the Lost: Cultural Keys to Luke 15, Concordia, 1992. ISBN 0-570-04563-0.
- Poet and Peasant and Through Peasant Eyes, Eerdmans, 1980.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-28. Retrieved 2015-09-18. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Kenneth E. Bailey, Th.D.: Biography". The Presbytery of Shenango. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "Rev. Dr. Kenneth Bailey, 85, was respected leader | Synod of the Trinity". www.syntrinity.org. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Kenneth E. Bailey, Th.D." The Presbytery of Shenango. 2013-10-24. Retrieved 2016-05-25.