Kenneth M. Jacobs
|Kenneth M. Jacobs|
Kenneth M. Jacobs official headshot
|Residence||New York, New York, U.S.|
University of Chicago|
Stanford Graduate School of Business
|Occupation||Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Lazard|
Kenneth M. Jacobs is the chairman and chief executive officer of Lazard since November 16, 2009. Jacobs joined Lazard in 1988. Jacobs was named a Lazard Partner in 1991, and in 2002 he was named Deputy Chairman and Head of North America for Lazard. In this role, he focused on enhancing the firm's business by entering into new markets and adding new practices, such as restructuring, strategic capital structure advice, and private fund advisory. He also focused on bringing in new staff specializing in energy, technology and healthcare.
Jacobs has also expanded Lazard’s financial advisory business through an acquisition in the US Middle Market, which is now called Lazard Middle Market.
Jacobs is a member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Chicago and the Brookings Institution. Jacobs earned a B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago and an M.B.A. from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business. He is a member of the Steering Committee of the Bilderberg Group.
- "Lazard Leadership". Lazard Ltd.
- "Captain with a new style for the same game". Financial Times.
- "Lazard's Jacobs Was Constant Amid 21 Years of Changes". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Lazard's Model Gaining Traction in the Postcrisis World". Institutional Investor. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Ken Jacobs, a Lazard Survivor". The Wall St. Journal. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Steering Committee". bilderbergmeetings.org. Bilderberg Group. Retrieved 16 September 2014.