Kenneth R. Weinstein
Kenneth R. "Ken" Weinstein is the president and chief executive officer of the Hudson Institute, a conservative Washington-based policy research organization that, according to its website, is dedicated to "[p]romoting American leadership and global engagement for a secure, free, and prosperous future". He oversees the institute's research, project management, external affairs, marketing, and government relations efforts. He is an expert on U.S. foreign policy and international affairs who comments on national and international affairs on television and in numerous publications, including The Wall Street Journal, The Weekly Standard, Yomiuri Shimbun and Le Monde.
Weinstein is a political theorist who received his Ph.D. in political science from Harvard University, his D.E.A. in Soviet and Eastern European studies from the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris, and his B.A. in general studies in the humanities from the University of Chicago. He grew up in New York City and attended Stuyvesant High School. He has taught at Claremont McKenna College and Georgetown University.
Weinstein has been decorated with a knighthood in Arts and Letters by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication as a Chevalier dans l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres. He serves as chairman of the Broadcasting Board of Governors, the body that oversees U.S. civilian international media, including the Voice of America, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Radio Free Asia and Middle East Broadcasting. Weinstein previously served on the National Humanities Council, the governing body of the National Endowment for the Humanities. He also serves on boards of directors and advisory boards of numerous non-profit organizations in the U.S. and Europe.
"From Imagined Principalities to the Real Republic: A Conversation with Kenneth Weinstein, AB '84"
- Obe, Mitsuru (2013-09-23). "Abe First Non-American to Win Conservative Hudson Institute Award". WSJ. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- "About". Hudson Institute. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- Weinstein, Kenneth R. (2015-02-24). "A French Lesson for American Liberals". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- Weinstein, Kenneth R. (2013-04-01). "Venus and Mars Revisited". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- "BBG". BBG. Retrieved 2018-05-09.
- Weinstein, Kenneth; Li, Hansong (April 17, 2017). "An Alumnus' Journey from Imagined Principalities to the Real Republic A Conversation with Kenneth Weinstein, AB '84" (PDF). Midway Review (2): 41–50. Retrieved July 19, 2017.