Kenneth S. Norris
Norris did pioneering work on dolphin echolocation. His conservation work included helping establish the University of California Natural Reserve System and work towards passage of the Marine Mammal Protection Act. Norris was a professor at UCLA and UC Santa Cruz.
- Norris, Kenneth Stafford (1974). The Porpoise Watcher. ISBN 9780393063851.
- Norris, Kenneth Stafford (1991). Dolphin Days: The Life & Times of the Spinner Dolphin. ISBN 9780380719655.
- Norris was generally credited as Kenneth S. Norris; the Library of Congress name authority for Norris lists his middle name as Stafford.
- "Kenneth S. Norris: Naturalist, Cetologist, Conservationist, 1924-1998". University Library - UC Santa Cruz. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- Silber, Gregory K. (1 October 1999). "Remembering Dr. Kenneth Norris". Marine Mammal Science. 15 (4): 915–917. doi:10.1111/j.1748-7692.1999.tb00859.x.
- Fountain, Henry (August 23, 1998). "Kenneth Norris, 95, Pioneer In Study of Marine Mammals". New York Times. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- Stephens, Tim (August 24, 1998). "Kenneth Norris, world-renowned expert on whales and dolphins, dies at 74". Currents.
- Kenneth S. Norris, naturalist, cetologist & conservationist, 1924-1998: an oral history biography. Interviewed by Randall Jarrell and Irene Reti. Regional History Project, University Library, UC Santa Cruz. 1999
- Marine Mammal Science, Oct. 1999, v.15(4). Special issue remembering Dr. Norris.
- Photographs of Ken Norris from the UC Santa Cruz Library's Digital Collections