Boynton with Yeşilgiresun in 2017
|No. 2 – Shenzhen Leopards|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
|Born||May 12, 1991|
Pompano Beach, Florida
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school||American Heritage School|
|NBA draft||2013 / Undrafted|
|2013–2014||Hapoel Gilboa Galil|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kenny Boynton Jr. (born May 12, 1991) is an American professional basketball player for the Shenzhen Leopards of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA). He played college basketball for the University of Florida.
Boynton attended American Heritage School where he was a standout basketball player. In his senior season, Boynton averaged 33.0 points per game. He finished his high school career as the third-leading scorer in Florida high school basketball history. Kenny was also named to the 2009 McDonald's All-American Boys Game and the Parade All-America first team.
In his first season at Florida, Boynton averaged 14 points per game and 2.7 assists per game.
In Boynton's sophomore season, he had a slight increase in scoring, averaging 14.2 points per game to go along with 2.6 assists per game. He was also named to the All-SEC Second Team. In the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, Florida reached the Elite Eight, but then lost to the Butler Bulldogs after Boynton missed a three pointer with less than 20 seconds left in the game.
On December 19, 2011, Boynton was named SEC Player of the Week after registering 22 points, two assists, one rebound and a steal in a win over Texas A&M. In Boynton's junior season, Florida once again made the NCAA Tournament, but lost to the Louisville Cardinals in the Elite Eight. On April 5, 2012 Boynton announced that he would return for his senior season at Florida.
In Boynton's senior season, the Gators advanced to the Elite Eight for the third consecutive year where they were defeated by Michigan.
After going undrafted in the 2013 NBA draft, Boynton was signed to the Lakers summer league team on July 2, 2013 but did not make the team. He ultimately signed with Barak Netanya of Israel's Ligat HaAl. He got released after playing only 5 games with Netanya. On November 27, 2013 Boynton signed a 1-month deal with Hapoel Gilboa Galil.
For the 2016–17 season, Boynton signed with Nizhny Novgorod of the VTB United League and Eurocup. He signed with the Shenzhen Leopards of the Chinese Basketball Association on September 6, 2018.
- "Kenny Boynton- Yahoo! Sports".
- "Kenny Boynton Stats, News, Photos- ESPN".
- "Gator Men's Basketball Roster/Bio".
- Martel, Brett. "Florida collapses in regional to Butler". Archived from the original on 2012-03-15.
- "Kenny Boynton Named SEC Player of the Week". Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Florida Gators vs. Louisville Cardinals recap". espn.go.com.
- DiRocco, Michael. "Kenny Boynton of Florida Gators returning for senior season". espn.go.com.
- "Kenny Boynton moves to Netanya". Sportando.net.
- "Kenny Boynton signs a one-month deal with Gilboa Galil". Sportando.net. November 27, 2013.
- "Kenny Boynton Joins Nizhny Novgorod". nn-basket.ru. Retrieved July 31, 2016.
- "Kenny Boynton signs with CBA Shenzhen Leopards". Sportando. Retrieved September 7, 2018.