||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kenny Neal (born October 14, 1957 in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States), son of Raful Neal, is an American blues guitar player, singer and band member. Neal comes from a musical family and has often performed with his brothers in his band.
In 1987, Neal cut his debut album for the Florida record producer Bob Greenlee — an updated swamp feast initially marketed on King Snake Records as Bio on the Bayou. Alligator Records picked it up the following year, retitling it Big News from Baton Rouge!!
In September 2006, Neal announced he was taking a year's break from recording and performing, due to an undisclosed illness. He returned to the public eye at the Monterey Blues Festival in June 2007. He has children named Kenny, Syreeta, and Micah.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 2011 - Inducted into the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame
- 2005 - Official Statement to Kenny Neal, by the Governor of Louisiana
- 1993 - Washington, D.C., USIA Certificate of Appreciation for representing the U.S. with Kenny Neal's Blues Band for tour in Africa
- 2011 - Jus' Blues Music Foundation Contemporary/Traditional Blues Song Of The Year for "Hooked on Your Love"
- 2011 - Critic's Poll Living Blues Award for Best Contemporary Blues Album of the Year
- 2009 - Monterey Bay Blues (M.O.B.B.A.Y.) Artist of the Year Award
- 2009 - BMA (Blues Music Award) Winner for Song of the Year, "Let Life Flow"
- 2009 - West Coast Blues Hall of Fame Awards for Blues CD of the Year "Let Life Flow" and Blues Band of the Year
- 2009 - Blueswax Album of the Year "Let Life Flow"
- 2008 - Blues Critic Awards Readers Poll, Blues Album of the Year "Let Life Flow" and also Contemporary Blues Artist of the Year
- 2008 - Jus' Blues Awards "Junior Wells Harp Award"
- 2008 - Hometown Video Awards, Entertainment Talk Show
- 2007 - W.A.V.E. Award, Talk Show-Entertainment/Pro
- 2005 - W.C. Handy Blues Awards - Acoustic Blues Album
- 2003 - Slim Harpo Award in Baton Rouge
- 1994 - Theatre World Award "Outstanding New Talent" on Broadway
- 1989 - Big Bill Broonzy Award in Paris
- 1989 - JD Miller Award "Outstanding Performance"
- 2009 - Grammy entries for Grammy Nominations in 4 categories
- 1999 - Grammy Nomination for Tribute to Howlin' Wolf "Best Traditional Blues Album"
- Bill Dahl (1957-10-14). "Kenny Neal | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-10-05.
- Russell, Tony (1997). The Blues: From Robert Johnson to Robert Cray. Dubai: Carlton Books Limited. p. 150. ISBN 1-85868-255-X.
- Craig Harris. "Downchild Blues Band | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-10-05.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20101012090046/http://blog.efespilsen.com.tr/2010/10/04/efes-pilsen-blues-festival-ile-blues-firtinasi-basladi. Archived from the original on October 12, 2010. Retrieved October 4, 2010. Missing or empty