|Born||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Education||Stoughton High School|
|Occupation||Dancer, actor, choreographer, producer|
Kenneth "Kenny" Wormald is an American dancer, reality television star and actor. His best known role to date is perhaps as Ren McCormack in the 2011 remake of 1984's Footloose. Wormald was a regular on the MTV reality television series Dancelife in 2007.
Wormald was born in Boston, to Melanie and Edgar K. Wormald, and grew up in Stoughton, Massachusetts, where he graduated from Stoughton High School in 2002. He has two brothers, Lee and Dylan. He moved to Los Angeles right after his high school graduation.
In January 2004, Wormald starred as a dancer in the movie You Got Served. In April 2008 Wormald was confirmed to make his Acting debut in the Oxygen cable network Made-For-Television film Center Stage: Turn It Up as the male lead. The film, a sequel to Center Stage, premiered in November that same year to generally negative reviews from critics.
In June 2010, Paramount Pictures announced Wormald was cast as the protagonist in the planned remake of the 1984 dance drama film Footloose. Both Zac Efron and Chace Crawford were attached to play the role of Ren McCormack but both dropped out. Filming took place in September that same year on a $24 million budget with Julianne Hough and Dennis Quaid confirmed to star. The film Footloose was released on October 14, 2011 to generally positive reviews from critics with Wormald's performance receiving mixed reviews. The film went on to gross over $62 million worldwide.
In 2012, Wormald starred in mock reality webseries Massholes. In 2013, Wormald had main role as Topher in the movie Kid Cannabis. He also played the role of Pete in the movie Cavemen. In 2014, Wormald starred as Gordan in the movie The Living. Wormald had a role as Vito Tortano in the film By The Gun, directed by James Mottern. He also played the role of Ray in the movie Lap Dance.
In 2015, Wormald starred in the short film Instagram: A Caption Story, which was released on YouTube on February 3, 2015. Also that year, Wormald played the role of Dennis Wilson in the indie movie Love & Mercy. He also starred as Chris in the horror film The Girl in the Photographs.
He began dancing at the age of six, after his mother saw him dancing to a New Kids on the Block video. At age 13, he won the Master Dance of New England and was named the Junior Mr. Dance of New England. A year later, at age 14, he was named Teen Dancer of Boston. At age 15, he was named Teen Mr. Dance of New England. In 1996, Wormald was selected to dance for President Bill Clinton at the White House as part of the annual Easter celebration. In 2002, he won the gold medal at the World Dance Championships in Riesa, Germany for a tap dance routine he performed. Wormald has appeared in music videos for Madonna, Mariah Carey, Chris Brown, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado, BoA and JoJo. Wormald has been a back-up dancer for both Justin Timberlake and The Pussycat Dolls tours.
In December 2006, Wormald was announced to have joined the MTV Jennifer Lopez-produced dance-oriented reality television series Dancelife which follows a group of aspiring dancers trying to make it in Hollywood. Notably the series also starred So You Think You Can Dance Canada choreographer Blake McGrath. The series was not renewed for a second season due to low ratings.
|2004||You Got Served||Dancer||Uncredited|
|Jackass Number Two||Dancer||Uncredited|
|2007||Dancelife||Himself||MTV Reality Television Series|
|2008||Center Stage: Turn It Up||Tommy Anderson|
|2012||Massholes||Kenny||Mock reality webseries|
|2014||By the Gun||Vito Tortano|
|2015||Instagram: A Caption Story||Stuart||Short Film|
|2015||Love & Mercy||Dennis Wilson|
|2015||The Girl in the Photographs||Chris|
|2016||Honey 3||Erik Wildwood||Protagonist|
- Symkus, Ed, "Stoughton's Kenny Wormald stars in remake of 'Footloose'". The Patriot Ledger. October 8, 2011 p. 2
- Rodman, Sarah (October 9, 2011). "Kick off your Sunday shoes". Boston.com.
- Kaufman, Amy, "'Footloose' star Kenny Wormald on fame and humility". The Los Angeles Times. October 17, 2011
- "'Center Stage' sequel steps, er, turns it up - Worldnews.com". Article.wn.com. 2009-04-30. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Center Stage Sequel: Center Stage Turn it Up". Buzzsugar.com. 2008-11-01. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- Cavanagh, Kristie (2010-06-23). "Newcomer Kenny Wormald cast in 'Footloose' remake as Ren McCormack - New York Daily News". Articles.nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- Sperling, Nicole (June 22, 2010). "Newcomer Kenny Wormald lands lead role in 'Footloose' remake". Entertainment Weekly (Time Inc.). Archived from the original on October 11, 2010. Retrieved July 13, 2010.
- "Paranormal Activity 3, Footloose Release Dates Set". ComingSoon.net (CraveOnline Media). November 17, 2010. Retrieved November 18, 2010.
- "Footloose". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Footloose (2011) (2011)". Box Office Mojo. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Massholes Web-series".
- Jr, Mike Fleming. "'Footloose's Kenny Wormald In John Stockwell's 'Kid Cannabis'". Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- Berkshire, Geoff. "Film Review: 'Cavemen'". Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- Kroll, Justin. "'Footloose' Star Kenny Wormald and Fran Kranz to Star in Indie 'The Living' (EXCLUSIVE)". Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- "‘Terminales’ films at Diesel Cafe", The Boston Globe, November 28, 2012
- "God Only Knows", jamesmottern.com
- "FOOTLOOSE's Kenny Wormald and More to Star in THE LIVING Indie Film". Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- "Instagram: A Caption Story".
- "Kenny Wormald, Jake Abel to Play Beach Boys in 'Love & Mercy' (Exclusive)". Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- "The Girl in the Photographs Casts Up; Wes Craven Reunites with Shocker Star - Dread Central". Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- Polillio, Genevieve. "Tapping his way into the spotlight." The Knight (Winter 2000); retrieved January 30, 2007
- "Cast Bio: Kenny Wormald", official Footloose (2011) film website.
- Woodman, Tenley Stepping up: Local dancer swings into MTV's 'Dancelife' (January 15, 2007). The Boston Herald; retrieved January 30, 2007
- Lawson, Richard, "The Five Most Interesting Moments of the VMAs", tv.com, September 14, 2009
- "J Lo's Dancelife on MTV". Popsugar.com. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "News from Burlington Post | Catch up on Burlington community living". InsideHalton. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Dancelife | Full Episodes, Photos, Episode Synopsis and Recaps". MTV. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- Fahey, Rich, "Stoughton dancer leaps to starring role", The Boston Globe, January 2, 2011
- Soroff, Jonathan, "Kenny Wormald: The new Footloose star tells us about dancers’ feet, L.A. girls and tripping in front of Madonna", The Improper Bostonian, October 19 - November 1, 2011 issue, p. 35.
- Woodman, Tenley, "Kicking it old-school: Stoughton dancer says accent helped him land ‘Footloose’", The Boston Herald, Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- Kenny Wormald at the Internet Movie Database
- Kenny Wormald at the TCM Movie Database
- Kenny Wormald at AllMovie