Kenrick Avenue Park and Ride station
|Owned by||Metro Transit|
|Opened||September 28, 2009|
The three-level park-and-ride ramp is located on the site of a former Minnesota Department of Transportation weigh station, on the east side of Interstate Highway 35 at Kenrick Avenue and 167th Street West, about two miles south of the point where I-35E and I-35W divide. In January, 2009, the Metropolitan Council awarded a $6.6 million contract to Adolphson & Peterson Construction to build the station, which began serving customers on September 28, 2009.
Northbound buses access the freeway directly from the station. Buses on Metro Transit's Express Bus Route 467 now serve commuters destined for downtown Minneapolis. A future extension of the under-construction METRO Orange Line, a bus rapid transit service to downtown Minneapolis, may also serve the facility.
- "Kenrick Avenue Park & Ride in Lakeville". Minnesota Department of Transportation. Archived from the original on 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2009-06-25.
- "Metro Transit Notice: Kenrick Ave. Park & Ride Facility/Roundabout Community Informational Open House" (PDF). City of Lakeville. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2009-06-25.
- "Transit improvements through the Urban Partnership Agreement". Minnesota Department of Transportation. Archived from the original on 2009-03-31. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Express Bus Route 467". Metro Transit. Archived from the original on 2010-01-17. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Orange Line FAQs - Metro Transit". www.metrotransit.org. Retrieved June 24, 2019.