Fishing on Kent Lake
|Location||Milford Township / Lyon Township, Oakland County, Michigan USA|
|Area||4,481 acres (1,813 ha)|
|Operated by||Huron–Clinton Metroparks|
|Status||Open year round|
Kensington Metropark is a unit of the Huron-Clinton Metroparks system located between Milford and South Lyon, Michigan, USA. The park covers 4,481 acres (18.13 km2). It has wooded hilly terrain and surrounds 1,200-acre (4.9 km2) Kent Lake (a dammed section of the Huron River).. The park has an 18-hole regulation golf course, a disc golf course, toboggan hill, a nature center, a farm learning center, picnic areas, beaches, and boat rentals. A 8-mile (13 km) paved hike-bike trail, 19 miles (31 km) of horse trails and 7 miles (11 km) of hiking-only trails are available as well as connecting trails to other nearby parks. The only camping is in organized group camping or canoe-in sites. The park receives 2.5 million visitors a year. Kensington Metropark opened in 1947.     
- "Kensington Metropark - Pure Michigan Travel". michigan.org. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "DNR - Wildlife & Habitat". dnr.state.mi.us. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Yahoo Style". travel.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Kensington Metropark Trails | Milford Michigan Cross Country Ski Trails | Trails.com". trails.com. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Nickelodeon Parents | Printables, coloring pages, recipes, crafts, and more from your child's favorite Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. shows.". parentsconnect.com. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
|This Oakland County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|