Kent Business School
|The University of Kent Business School at Canterbury and Medway|
|Students||7,260 (Faculty of Social Sciences)|
|Location||Canterbury and Medway, United Kingdom|
Kent Business School, also known as KBS, is the business school of the University of Kent. Since opening in 1988, it offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD degree programmes, as well as non-degree 'part-time' executive education for individuals and companies. KBS is consistently ranked among the top 25 business schools in the United Kingdom.
Rankings & reputation
League Table Performance
- 5th in the UK for Tourism (Complete University Guide 2012)
- 16th in the UK for Management (Sunday Times University Guide 2011)
- 19th in the UK for Accounting and Finance (Complete University Guide 2012)
- 23rd in the UK for Business and Management (Guardian University Guide 2012)
- 5th in the UK for Business & Management graduating students' employment prospects (Guardian University Guide 2012)
- 85% of Kent Finance & Accounting students were employed in graduate level jobs within 6 months of graduating in 2010
- 85% of Kent Business & Management students found employment or went on to further study within 6 months of graduating in 2010
The University of Kent's business school currently runs 24 programmes; including undergraduate courses in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration and HND Business and Management.At undergraduate level, competition for places at KBS are relatively competitive with the average KBS student achieving ABB-AAB at A-Level to secure a place
At postgraduate level, Kent offers an MBA, MSc and PhD courses.
The Business School has a variety of links with companies and organisations as well as other academic institutions.
The school's academic network includes:
- France Sciences Po, France
- Belgium Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- France Jean Moulin University Lyon 3, Lyon, France
- China Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, China
- China Renmin University of China, Beijing, China
- Italy University Carlo Cattaneo, Castellanza, Italy
- Netherlands Leiden University, Leiden, Netherlands
- Germany University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
- Germany University of Applied Sciences Deggendorf, Deggendorf, Germany
- Spain University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
- Hong Kong University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- "Business Studies – Top UK University Subject Tables and Rankings 2012". Complete University Guide. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- List of Academic Partnerships