Kent Business School
The University of Kent Business School at Canterbury and Medway
|University of Kent|
|Students||7,260 (Faculty of Social Sciences)|
|Location||Canterbury and Medway, United Kingdom|
Kent Business School, also known as KBS, is the business school of the University of Kent. Since opening in 1988, it offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD degree programmes, as well as non-degree 'part-time' executive education for individuals and companies. KBS is consistently ranked among the top 20 business schools in the United Kingdom.
In March, Kent Business School at the Canterbury Campus moved into its new home, The Sibson Building. Named after the University of Kent's third Vice-Chancellor, Professor Robin Sibson, the state-of-the-art building with new teaching and learning spaces and modern social and breakout areas will encapsulate KBS academic values and identity.
Rankings & reputation
League Table Performance
- 20th in the UK for Business and Management Studies (The Complete University Guide 2018)
- 23rd in the UK for Accounting and Finance (Complete University Guide 2018)
- 9th in the UK for Marketing (The Complete University Guide 2018)
- 10th in the UK for Business & Management graduating students' employment prospects (Guardian University Guide 2018)
- 93% of Kent Finance & Accounting students were in work or further study within 6 months of graduating in 2016
- 7% of Kent Business & Management students were in work or further study within 6 months of graduating in 2016
The University of Kent's business school currently runs 24 programmes; including undergraduate courses in Accounting and Finance, Business and Management, and Marketing. At undergraduate level, competition for places at KBS are relatively competitive with the average KBS student achieving ABB-AAB at A-Level to secure a place
At postgraduate level, Kent offers an MBA, MSc and PhD courses.
The Business School has a variety of links with companies and organisations as well as other academic institutions.
The school's academic network includes:
- France Sciences Po, France
- Belgium Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- France Jean Moulin University Lyon 3, Lyon, France
- China Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing, China
- China Renmin University of China, Beijing, China
- Italy University Carlo Cattaneo, Castellanza, Italy
- Netherlands Leiden University, Leiden, Netherlands
- Germany University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
- Germany University of Applied Sciences Deggendorf, Deggendorf, Germany
- Spain University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
- Hong Kong University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- "Business Studies – Top UK University Subject Tables and Rankings 2012". Complete University Guide. Retrieved 24 June 2011.
- List of Academic Partnerships