Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Kent Downs|
Location of the Kent Downs AONB in the UK
To the west, Surrey Hills AONB adjoins the Kent Downs AONB.
Among the named parts of the Downs are:
- Alkham Valley – a dry valley north-west of Dover;
- Betsom's Hill – highest point in Kent at 251 metres (823 ft); near Westerham
- Blue Bell Hill
- Burham Down
- Castle Hill
- Chartham Downs
- Detling Hill
- Hollingbourne Downs
- Summerhouse Hill
- Tolsford Hill
- Wye Downs
The North Downs Way runs through the full length of the AONB.
- The Kent Downs website
- *walks/rides available in this Valley Archived 2007-05-02 at Archive.today
- Muir, Jonny (2011). The UK's County Tops: Reaching the top of 91 historic counties. Cicerone. p. 32. ISBN 9781849655538.
- Simon Edwardes (2001). "Historic County Tops". The Mountains of England and Wales. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
|This Kent location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|