|Location||Marin County, California|
|Primary inflows||Lagunitas and Big Carson creeks|
|Primary outflows||Lagunitas Creek|
|Catchment area||22.1 square miles (57 km2)|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Max. width||700 ft (210 m)|
|Surface area||431 acres (174 ha)|
|Water volume||32,900 acre feet (40,600,000 m3)|
|Surface elevation||404 ft (123 m)|
Kent Lake is a reservoir in western Marin County, California formed by the construction of Peters Dam across Lagunitas Creek. Built in 1954, the lake is the most recent lake of the Marin Municipal Water District, as well as the largest.
Unlike the other lakes in the area, Kent Lake has almost no hiking trails around it. By automobile, major access points to the area include parking to the southeast off the Bolinas Fairfax road, or from the northwest, with seasonal parking off Sir Francis Drake Blvd or in one of the pullouts along the road. Minor access points include the dam at the southwestern point of Alpine Lake on the Bolinas Fairfax road. Despite the lack of trails, Kent Lake can be traversed or accessed by foot, bike, or horse from unpaved roads such as Pine Mountain road, which runs to the highest elevation, Kent Pump road which runs from the Alpine Lake dam down to the lake at low elevation, or Continental Cove road at the north. Visitors should be prepared for the size of the area and the mountainous terrain surrounding the lake.
- List of lakes in California
- List of lakes in the San Francisco Bay Area
- William Kent (U.S. Congressman)
- "Dams Within the Jurisdiction of the State of California" (PDF). State of California. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Kent Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- TopoQuest map, USGS, retrieved July 6, 2008
- http://www.marinwater.org/documents/2008.08.29_VstrMap_color.pdf, MMWD, retrieved August 6, 2010
|This Marin County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|