Kent Top Travel
|Parent||Kent County Council|
|Ceased operation||October 2013|
|Service type||Bus services|
Kent Top Travel was established in 2005 by Kent County Council to operate the council's bus network. It was argued that its existence stimulated competition. It also operated a coach charter fleet.
Following an independent report criticising Kent County Council's trading companies, in December 2012 it was decided to close Kent Top Travel once its existing contracts expired. Kent Top Travel ceased trading on 1 October 2013.
The majority of Kent Top Travel's route portfolio comprised rural, evening and Sunday services won under competitive tender from Kent County Council and other local authorities in open competition with private bus operators.
Park & Ride
Kent Top Travel operated both single and double deck buses as well as charter coaches. Buses were painted in a white and green livery, the Canterbury park & ride fleet silver and green. Coaches were painted both white & red, and yellow.
- Companies House extract company no 5242900 Kent Top Temps Limited
- Kent takes axe to council bus operation Buses 13 January 2013
- End of road for Kent County Council bus company Kent Top Travel KentOnline 13 December 2012
- Kent County Council to abandon Kent Top Travel Coach & Bus Week issue 1092 19 June 2013 page 5
- Thank you for visiting the Kent Top Travel website Kent Top Travel 18 August 2013
- Park & Ride Contract Canterbury City Council
- Kent Top Travel takes on Canterbury park Bus & Coach Professional 24 October 2008