|Senior Vice President for Global Affairs and Chief Legal Officer at Google|
Kent Walker currently serves as Senior Vice President for Global Affairs and Chief Legal Officer at Google. He advises Google's board and management on legal and policy issues, its work with governments around the world, its policies for content on its various services, and its philanthropic efforts.
Before joining Google, Walker worked at various technology companies, including eBay, Netscape, AOL, and Airtouch Communications. He served as an Assistant U.S. attorney with the United States Department of Justice and advised the US Attorney General on technology policy issues. At the start of his career, he worked as a litigator specializing in government and public law issues.
Walker graduated from Harvard College and Stanford Law School. He currently serves on the Harvard Board of Overseers and the Heartflow Board of Directors, advises the Mercy Corps Social Ventures Fund, and is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Eslinger, Bonnie (2018-07-30). "Google's Top Lawyer Moves Up, Leaving GC Slot Open". www.law360.com. Retrieved 2018-11-18.
- "Kent Walker - Google+". plus.google.com. Retrieved 2018-06-08.
- "Organizing the World's Information at Google Legal: Kent Walker, Vice President & General Counsel - Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)". www.acc.com. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Google has proposed changes in laws for requesting data". Recode. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Google rolls out new policies for U.S. election ads – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Google.org launches $5 million innovation fund to counter 'hate and extremism'". VentureBeat. 2017-09-20. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "really bad attitude". www.jwz.org. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Organizing the World's Information at Google Legal: Kent Walker, Vice President & General Counsel - Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)". www.acc.com. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Meet the People Who Will Defend Google, Facebook and Twitter Before Lawmakers". The New York Times. 2017-10-20. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- School, Stanford Law. "Lawyering at the Edge of Innovation: A Conversation with Kent Walker, Google's General Counsel and Senior Vice President | Stanford Law School". Stanford Law School. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Googling Kent Walker - Super Lawyers California". Super Lawyers. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- Jackson, Eric. "Why Does Google Crave Elites for Their Management Team While Apple Eschews Them?". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Kent Walker | Leadership Council on Legal Diversity". www.lcldnet.org. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Kent Walker Joins HeartFlow Board of Directors". Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Mercy Corps' Social Venture Fund Overview" (PDF).
- "Membership Roster". Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved 2018-06-01.