September 15, 1973 |
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
He made his writing debut in the popular Japanese cult film Battle Royale, which his father directed. He wrote the screenplay to the sequel, Battle Royale II: Requiem, and took over directing when his father died of cancer. The film was released in Japan during the winter of 2003.
In 2005, he directed a film called Under the Same Moon (同じツキみている Onaji tsuki o miteiru?) which starred Battle Royale's Taro Yamamoto. His adaptation of the manga Sukeban Deka was released in 2006, under the title Yo-Yo Girl Cop. He also directed horror film X-Cross.
- The Challenge (1982)
- Battle Royale II: Requiem (2003)
- Under the Same Moon (2005)
- Yo-Yo Girl Cop (2006)
- X-Cross (2007)
- Black Rat (2010)
- We Can't Change the World. But, We Wanna Build a School in Cambodia. (2011)
- My Summertime Map (2013)
- Ken to Merii: Ameagari no Yozora ni (2013)
- "Alright already, enough is enough. 'Battle Royale' being converted to 3D". Bloody Disgusting.
- Kenta Fukasaku at the Internet Movie Database
- Kenta Fukasaku at the Japanese Movie Database (Japanese)