Caldwell-Pope with the Pistons
|No. 5 – Detroit Pistons|
February 18, 1993 |
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school||Greenville (Greenville, Georgia)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 8th overall|
|Selected by the Detroit Pistons|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Kentavious Tannell Caldwell-Pope (born February 18, 1993) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was one of the top high school basketball players in the class of 2011. He was selected with the eighth overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Detroit Pistons. Caldwell-Pope played college basketball for Georgia for two years before declaring for the 2013 NBA draft on April 15, 2013.
High school career
Caldwell-Pope was a highly heralded player in high school. As a senior, he averaged 31 points and 8.2 rebounds per game at Greenville High School in Greenville, Georgia. He led the Patriots to the State Class A Final Four in 2011 and to consecutive Sweet 16 berths in 2009–10.
As a senior, he was rated the nation's No. 3 shooting guard prospect, the No. 12 prospect overall, by recruiting analysts for Rivals.com.
Caldwell-Pope chose Georgia over scholarship offers from Alabama, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Tennessee among others.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
|Greenville, Georgia||Greenville||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||185 lb (84 kg)||Jul 17, 2010|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A ESPN grade: 97|
|Overall recruiting rankings:|
As a freshman, Caldwell-Pope was named to the Coaches' Freshman All-SEC Team, which also included NBA lottery picks Bradley Beal, Anthony Davis, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. His highest output as a freshman was 25 points vs. Ole Miss, which was the most by a UGA freshman in almost 13 years.
As a sophomore, Caldwell-Pope was named SEC Player of the Year after averaging 18.5 points and 7.1 rebounds per game. He ended his career at Georgia scoring a career-high 32 points and 13 rebounds in a loss against LSU at the SEC tournament in Nashville.
Caldwell-Pope was selected with the 8th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Detroit Pistons. He joined the Pistons for the 2013 NBA Summer League. On July 19, 2013, he signed his first professional contract with the Pistons. On April 16, 2014, he scored a career-high 30 points in a 111-112 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Rivals Player Profile, rivals.yahoo.com. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- "Georgia sophomore star entering NBA draft". USA Today. April 15, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- White, Chris (February 10, 2011). "http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/02/10/1454929/high-school-basksetball-greenvilles.html". Ledger-Enquirer. Retrieved March 16, 2013.
- 2011 Jordan Brand Classic: West Team, jordanbrandclassic.com. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "Mississippi 66, Georgia 63". ESPN. January 21, 2012. Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- Lockridge & Cole (March 12, 2013). "Georgia's Kentavious Caldwell-Pope named SEC's top player". The Tennessean. Retrieved March 16, 2013.
- "LSU 68, Georgia 63". ESPN. March 14, 2013. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, rivals.yahoo.com. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- Detroit Pistons Sign Draft Selections Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Tony Mitchell
- Notebook: Thunder 112, Pistons 111