Kentland Municipal Airport
|Kentland Municipal Airport|
|Owner||Kentland Board of Aviation Commissioners|
|Elevation AMSL||698 ft / 213 m|
Kentland Municipal Airport (IATA: KKT, FAA LID: 50I) is a public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) southeast of the central business district of Kentland, in Newton County, Indiana, United States. It is owned by the Kentland Board of Aviation Commissioners. This airport included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Kentland Municipal Airport covers an area of 50 acres (20 ha) at an elevation of 698 feet (213 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,504 by 50 feet (1,068 x 15 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2011, the airport had 5,852 aircraft operations, an average of 16 per day: 90% general aviation and 10% air taxi. At that time there were 19 aircraft based at this airport: 63% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, and 26% ultralight.
- "Kentland Municipal Airport". AirNav, LLC. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 50I ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (KKT: Kentland)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012.
- Aerial photo from Indiana DOT at the Wayback Machine (archived August 15, 2010)
- Aerial image as of April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 50I, effective July 20, 2017
- Resources for this airport: