Kentucky Route 9007
|Maintained by KYTC|
|Length||2 mi (3 km)|
|Existed||March 6, 2019–present|
|History||Opened in 2011 as the William H. Natcher Parkway|
Redesignated as KY 9007 on March 6, 2019
|South end||US 231 south of Bowling Green|
|KY 622 south of Bowling Green|
|North end||I-65 / I-165 in Bowling Green|
Kentucky Route 9007 (KY 9007) is a 2-mile (3.2 km) four-lane limited-access highway, and was the unsigned designation for the entirety of the former William H. Natcher Parkway. KY 9007 is now the designation of the southernmost section of the former parkway between Interstate 65 (I-65) and U.S. Route 231 (US 231, Scottsville Road), which opened in November 2011. KY 9007 was signed on March 6, 2019, at the same time when the majority of the Natcher Parkway was redesignated as I-165.
KY 9007 functions as a connector, providing a bypass for traffic to utilize to avoid driving into Bowling Green itself by directly connecting I-165 to US 231. It was constructed for this purpose in order to provide some relief to US 231 (Scottsville Road) through Bowling Green.
KY 9007 begins at an intersection with US 231 (Scottsville Road) south of Bowling Green and heads west as a four-lane divided highway. It then comes to a single-point urban interchange with KY 622 (Plano Road). Shortly afterwards, KY 9007 reaches its northern terminus at a cloverleaf interchange with I-65, where the road continues north as I-165.
The highway that is now signed as KY 9007 opened in 2011 as a 2-mile (3.2 km) extension of the William H. Natcher Parkway, a freeway running from Bowling Green to Owensboro. From 1972 until 2019, KY 9007 was the unsigned designation of the entire length of the parkway. In October 2018, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) reached an agreement with the Federal Highway Administration to re-designate the parkway as I-165, and signs were posted in March 2019. Because of federal guidelines, the southern end of the parkway between US 231 and I-65 was not eligible for Interstate designation and was instead signed as KY 9007.
The entire route is in Warren County.
|||0.000||0.000||US 231 (Scottsville Road) to I-65 – Bowling Green, Scottsville||At-grade intersection|
|||1.000||1.609||0||KY 622 (Plano Road)||Single-point urban interchange|
|Bowling Green||2.000||3.219||1|| I-65 – Nashville, Louisville|
I-165 north – Owensboro
|I-65 exit 20; cloverleaf interchange; freeway continues north as I-165|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Division of Planning. "Official Milepoint Route Log Extract". Highway Information System. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. Archived from the original on April 30, 2007. Retrieved April 8, 2007.
- WBKO News Staff. "William H. Natcher Parkway Officially Changing to I-165". Bowling Green, KY: WBKO-TV. Retrieved March 7, 2019.
- Google (March 8, 2019). "Overview Map of Kentucky Route 9007" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- Jaggers, Kiersten (December 21, 2011). "Travel: Work at Scottsville Road Interchange at Interstate 65". Columbia Magazine. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- "Parkway Visibly Designated as Interstate 165". Glasgow Daily Times. March 9, 2019. Retrieved March 9, 2019.