Bungoma local elections, 2013
Local elections were held in Bungoma County to elect a Governor and County Assembly on 4 March 2013. Under the new constitution, which was passed in a 2010 referendum, the 2013 general elections were the first in which Governors and members of the County Assemblies for the newly-created counties were elected. They will also be the first general elections run by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission(IEBC)which has released the official list of candidates.
|Khangati, Alfred||Mukholi, John Kaukha||Cord||Orange Democratic Movement||--|
|Lusaka, Kenneth Makelo||Chongwony, Hilary Moywo||New Ford Kenya||--|
|Cosmas Barasa Simiyu||Mukholi, John||The National Alliance||--|
|Tumwa, Jack Beneiah||Pkania, Kennedy||FORD-KENYA||--|
|Wabwoba, Mukhamule Walinywa||Chesori, Nick Conchellah||United Democratic Forum Party||--|
The following are some of the candidates who have made public their intentions to run:
- Alfred Khangati - Internal Security assistant minister
- Ken Lusaka - former Livestock Permanent Secretary
- Maurice Makhanu - former North Eastern PC
- Jack Tumwa - a former commissioner of the defunct Electoral Commission of Kenya
- Wabwoba Walinywa - former journalist .
- "Kenya to hold polls in March 2013, says elections body". The Citizen. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2012.