Bungoma local elections, 2013
Local elections were held in Bungoma County to elect a Governor and County Assembly on 4 March 2013. Under the new constitution, which was passed in a 2010 referendum, the 2013 general elections were the first in which Governors and members of the County Assemblies for the newly created counties were elected. They will also be the first general elections run by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission(IEBC)which has released the official list of candidates.
|Khangati, Alfred||Mukholi, John Kaukha||Cord||Orange Democratic Movement||--|
|Lusaka, Kenneth Makelo||Chongwony, Hilary Moywo||New Ford Kenya||--|
|Cosmas Barasa Simiyu||Mukholi, John||The National Alliance||--|
|Tumwa, Jack Beneiah||Pkania, Kennedy||FORD-KENYA||--|
|Wabwoba, Mukhamule Walinywa||Chesori, Nick Conchellah||United Democratic Forum Party||--|
The following are some of the candidates who have made public their intentions to run:
- Alfred Khangati - Internal Security assistant minister
- Ken Lusaka - former Livestock Permanent Secretary
- Maurice Makhanu - former North Eastern PC
- Jack Tumwa - a former commissioner of the defunct Electoral Commission of Kenya
- Wabwoba Walinywa - former journalist .
- "Kenya to hold polls in March 2013, says elections body". The Citizen. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 February 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2013.