Embu local elections, 2013
Local elections were held in Embu to elect a Governor and County Assembly on 4 March 2013. Under the new constitution, which was passed in a 2010 referendum, the 2013 general elections were the first in which Governors and members of the County Assemblies for the newly created counties were elected. They will also be the first general elections run by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission(IEBC) which has released the official list of candidates.
|Karucu, Sylvester M Gakumu||Kamau, Joseph Kibuti||NARC–Kenya||--|
|Kiragu, Kithinji||Migua, Lazarus Njagi||Alliance Party of Kenya||--|
|Kumantha, Dr. Peter Njagi Njuki||Mitti, Erastus Njiru||United Democratic Forum Party||--|
|Nduma, Adrian Kinyua||Mugeni, Anne Juliet Wanjuki||FORD–Asili||--|
|Wambora, Martin Nyaga||Muchungu, Dorothy Nditi||Jubilee||The National Alliance||--|
The following are some of the candidates who have made public their intentions to run:
- Martin Nyaga Wambora - former Runyenjes MP and former Kenya Airports Authority chairman
- Sylvester Gakumu - former Kenya ambassador to the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Dr Njagi Kumantha - Psychiatrist
- Kithinji Kiragu - Management and strategic consultant
- "Kenya to hold polls in March 2013, says elections body". The Citizen. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- The Standard. 2 January 2013 http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000074075&story_title=tna-apk-supremacy-contest-dominates-embu-campaigns. Retrieved 20 January 2013. Missing or empty