Garissa local elections, 2013
Local elections were held in Garissa County were held on 4 March 2013. Under the new constitution, which was passed in a 2010 referendum, the 2013 general election was the first to elect County Governors and their Deputies for the 47 newly created counties. They were also first general elections run by the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission(IEBC), which has released the official list of candidates.
The following are some of the candidates who made public their intentions to run:
- Mohammed Maulid Shurie - former CEO of the Northern Water Service Board
- Nathif Adam - former Chief Executive Officer of First Community Bank
- Harun Yussuf - former Garissa High Secondary School
- Bunow Korane - former Permanent Secretary
- "Kenya to hold polls in March 2013, says elections body". The Citizen. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Clan politics to spoil battle for Garissa County CEO". The Standard. 28 December 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2013.