Kenya Revenue Authority
|Jurisdiction||Government of Kenya|
|Headquarters||Times Tower, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya|
|Parent agency||Kenya Ministry of Finance|
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), is an agency of the government of Kenya that is responsible for the assessment, collection and accounting for all revenues that are due to government, in accordance with the laws of Kenya.
The headquarters of the agency are located in Times Tower, on Haile Selassie Avenue, in the central business district of Nairobi, the capital and largest city of Kenya. The coordinates of KRA headquarters are:01°17'25.0"S, 36°49'26.0"E (Latitude:-1.290267; Longitude:36.823899).
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya, which became effective on 1 July 1995. The Authority is charged with collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya.
The organisation is divided into six major departments, each headed by a commissioner:
- Customs Services Department
- Domestic Services Department for medium and small taxpayers
- Domestic Taxes Department for large taxpayers
- Department of Investigations & Enforcement
- Department of Technical Support Services
- Department of Corporate Support Services
In addition to the six major departments, the Authority has the following four service departments to harmonize operations and efficiency. (a) Department of Risk Management & Internal Audit (b) Department of Ethics & Integrity (c) Legal Services Department and (d) Department of Information Communication Technology.
- Rift Valley Region, which is headquartered in Eldoret.
- Western Region, which is headquartered in Kisumu.
- Southern Region, with headquarters in Mombasa.
- Northern Region, with headquarters in Embu.
- Central Region, which is headquartered in Thika.
- Nairobi Region
The Chairman of Kenya Revenue Authority is Edward Sambili. The Commissioner general, serving in this capacity since 2012, is John Njiraini.
|Commissioner General||Term Start||Term End||Appointed By|
|John Njiraini||March 2012||Uhuru Kenyatta|
|Chairman of the Board||Term Start||Term End||Appointed By|
|Edward Sambili||May 2018||Uhuru Kenyatta|
|Francis Muthaura||May 2018||October 2019||Uhuru Kenyatta|
- Maundu, Pius (3 March 2015). "John Njiraini retained as Kenya Revenue Authority Commissioner General". Daily Nation. Nairobi. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- KRA (22 October 2016). "Kenya Revenue Authority: About The Authority". Nairobi: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA). Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- Google (22 October 2016). "Location of the Headquarters of Kenya Revenue Authority" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- KRA (22 October 2016). "List of All Offices of Kenya Revenue Authority" (PDF). Nairobi: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA). Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "Uhuru appoints Muthaura as KRA chairman, Karangi pushed out of KAA". The Star, Kenya. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- Wandera, Gilbert (12 August 2015). "Gor Mahia FC 2 - 0 Ushuru: Penniless K'Ogalo leave taxmen bruised in their pursuit of KPL glory". The Standard (Kenya). Nairobi. Retrieved 22 October 2016.