Keoma is an Indian name for "over there", far away. The hamlet was settled in 1910 when the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) opened up land for irrigation. It is assumed that the CPR named the site, but this is not definitive. The post office was in operation from January 15, 1910 to June 27, 1986.
Rocky View County's 2013 municipal census counted a population of 85 in Keoma, a 26.9% change from its 2006 municipal census population of 67.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "County Census Identifies Divisional Population Changes". Rocky View County. September 23, 2013. Retrieved September 23, 2013.
Karamitsanis, Aphrodite (1992). Place Names of Alberta – Volume II, Southern Alberta, University of Calgary Press, Calgary, Alberta.
Read, Tracey (1983). Acres and Empires – A History of the Municipal District of Rocky View, Calgary, Alberta.
- Rocky View County's official website
- Rocky View County community profile on Alberta First
- Calgary-Edmonton Corridor in Alberta
|This Calgary Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|