Keppel MRT station
|Operated by||SMRT Trains|
Keppel MRT station (CC30) is a future underground Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station on the Circle Line, located in Bukit Merah planning area, Singapore. This station is part of Stage 6 of the Circle Line which will "close the circle" between HarbourFront MRT station and Marina Bay MRT station.
It will be located along Keppel Road, near to the Keppel Harbour. Slated for completion by 2025, Keppel station will serve the upcoming Greater Southern Waterfront which will sit on the same plot of land currently occupied by the Port of Singapore.
The Keppel MRT station was first announced on 29 October 2015 as part of the Stage 6 of the Circle Line. It would be located along Keppel Road, near the Keppel Distripark and Keppel Terminal. It was announced that the station would enjoy a unique landscape theme; an undulating green roof (with tree-like columns) in a natural setting. An underground bicycle park was also planned, which would allow cyclists direct access to the concourse.
- "Joint News Release by the Land Transport Authority & Singapore Land Authority - Circle Line 6 - Becoming A Full Circle". Land Transport Authority. 29 October 2015.
- Whang, Rennie (7 November 2015). "MRT boon for 3 sleepy parts of Singapore". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid (29 October 2015). "With final 3 stations, Circle Line will come 'full circle' by 2025". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- Lam, Lydia (11 November 2017). "LTA seeks vote for names of 3 upcoming Circle Line stations". The New Paper. p. 7.
- hermesauto (2018-09-28). "Excavation for Circle Line 6 to start in middle of next year". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2018-10-13.