Kerala Catholic Youth Movement
|Headquarters||Ernakulam, Kerala, India|
|Age of 15-35|
|Pradeep Mathew Nallila|
The Kerala Catholic Youth Movement (KCYM) is an organization for the Catholic youth from three rites (Roman, Syro-Malabar and Syro-Malankara) of Christian community of Kerala in India. The patron saint of Kerala Catholic Youth Movement is Saint Thomas More.
KCYM is the official state and regional organization under the auspices of the Kerala Catholic Bishops' CouncilKCBC. It is affiliated to the National Youth Body the "Indian Catholic Youth Movement" (ICYM). It consists of youngsters between the age group of 15– 35 years who subscribe to Catholic values and principles, but beneficiaries include the youth of other religions. The main aim of KCYM is "The Integral Development of The Catholic Youth and The Total Liberation of Human Society in accordance with the Christian values". It is to coordinate and empower the human potentials of youth based on the Gospel values, to make them effective agents of change in the socio-religious-political-economic and cultural reality of India, especially of Kerala through National integration. It also aims at making the youth committed to the serving mission of the Church to the least, last and the lost.
KCYM is a federation of 31 diocesan youth movements of Kerala. Each affiliated diocesan movement has equal rights in the federation. Youth between the age of 15 - 35 are eligible for membership. Each diocese has its own structure in the Parish, Forane and Diocesan level.
Today, KCYM has a membership strength of 104,685 young people making it one of the influential organizations in the region.
The patron of KCYM is St. Thomas More, who lived with the principle ‘Rejoice in the Lord’. "The King's good servant, but God's first." More was beatified in 1886 and canonized by the Catholic Church as a saint by Pope Pius XI in 1935.
Aim of KCYM
The Integral Development of the Catholic Youth and the Total Liberation of Human Society in accordance with the Christian values
- 2017 Pradeep Mathew Nallila [President] Paul Jose Padamattummal [General Secretary]
- 2016 Sijo Dominic [President] Vincent Mannithottam [General Secretary]
- 2015 Shine Antony [President] Sijo Ambatt [General Secretary]
- 2014 Renny Raj [President] Lorence PF [General Secretary]
- 2013 Shijo Mathew [President] Renny Raj [General Secretary]
- 2012 Sony Pavelil [President] Cyriac Chazhikadan [General Secretary]
- 1978 Adv.Antony M. Ambat [Founder President] Adv. Joy Abraham [Founder General Secretary] Fr. Thomas More CMI [Founder Director]
- Jan 2015:
- Feb 2015:
- Mar 2015:
- Apr 2015:
- May 2015:
- Jun 2015:
- Jul 2015:
- Aug 2015:
- Sep 2015: Haritha Yuva Sangamam, Rashrta Sevak Campaign
- Oct 2015: 23 Koithu - Nurturing the Pokkali Fields, Oct 24 Yuvajagaran One Day Hunger Strike against Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP) Act
- Nov 2015: 13, 14, 15 Laudato Si Nature Camp, Kakkayam
- Dec 2015: 11, 12, 13 Utsav 2015 - Karala State Catholic Youth Festival at Thalassery
- Jan 2016: KCYM State Senate at Thrissur
- KCYM ELLAKKAL, Idukki Diocese
- Official website
- KCYM THRISSUR
- Yuvadeepthi KCYM Kothamangalam Diocese
- KCYM Kuravilangad Unit- Palai Diocese
- KCYM Palai
|This Catholic Church–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a youth organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|