Kerala State Film Development Corporation
|K. G. George|
Kerala State Film Development Corporation (KSFDC) is an organization founded by the Government of Kerala for promoting film making in Kerala, India. It was founded in 1975, an era when production of Malayalam film was based in Chennai. KSFDC was formed with a purpose of moving the Malayalam film industry to Kerala. At the time of its founding it was the first of its kind in India being the first public sector organization for film development. KSFDC was the organizers of the International Film Festival of Kerala until after which the management of IFFK was handed over to the Kerala State Chalachitra Academy in 1998. KSFDC was the founder of the Chithranjali Studio. KSFDC also owns an exhibition network with 10 cinemas in Kerala. KSFDC also works as a production agency which makes public interest documentary films and short films for the Government of Kerala.
Kalabhavan Digital Studio
A digital post processing studio owned by the KSFDC.
KSFDC owns an exhibition network of 11 cinemas in Kerala namely:
- Kairali, Nila and Sree theatre complex, Thampanoor, Thiruvananthapuram
- Kalabhavan Theatre, Chalachitrakalabhavan, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram
- Kairali & Sree twin theatres, Karunakaran Nambiar Road, Round North, Trissur
- Kairali & Sree twin theatres, (I.G Road) Mavoor Road, Kozhikode
- Kairali & Sree twin theatres, Mullakkal, Alappuzha
- Chitranjali Theatre, Cherthala, Alappuzha District
- Chitranjali Theatre, Pullomkulam, North Paravur, Ernakulam District
- Chitranjali Theatre, Chittoor, Palakkad District