This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Keren Elazari, 2016
|Born||1980 (age 39–40)|
|Education||MA in Security Studies, Tel Aviv University, BA in History & Philosophy of Science, Tel Aviv University|
|Known for||Author, Security Analyst and Researcher at Tel Aviv University|
Keren Elazari (born 1980) is an Israeli-born cyber security analyst and senior researcher at the Tel Aviv University Interdisciplinary Cyber Research Center with an emphasis on hackers and technology and their social implications. Her research interests include issues of hacktivism, information and cyber punk.
She was born and raised in Tel Aviv.
Keren's research topics have been concerning the future of Cyber Security, Cyberpunk, Global Hacktivism, Innovation and Creativity learnt from Hackers, Biohacking and more. Her research works and writings about cyber security have been featured by Scientific American, WIRED, CNN, DEFCON and NATO, among others.
TED 2014 speech
In 2014 Keren Elazari became the first Israeli woman to give a TED talk. In her talk Elazari claimed that by exposing vulnerabilities, hackers and hacktivists push the Internet to become stronger and healthier, wielding their power to create a better world. Her speech was selected as one of TED's most powerful ideas in 2014.
Keren is the co-author of the book "Women in Tech: Take Your Career to the Next Level with Practical Advice and Inspiring Stories", Sasquatch Books, 2016, ASIN B010ZZYJSI See more at Women_In_Tech
- Klingbail, Sivan. "A Day in the Life of Keren Elazari". Haaretz. Haaretz. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Tel Aviv University. "ICRC – Blavatnik Interdisciplinary Cyber Research Center". Tel Aviv University. Tel Aviv University. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Singularity University. "Singularity University". Singularity University. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- Reissman, Hailey. "Some hackers are bad. But a lot are good: Keren Elazari at TED2014". TEDBlog. TED. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- TED. "The Year in Ideas: TED Talks of 2014". TED. TED. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- Official website
- HA'ARETZ: She Hacks, She TED Talks and She's Protecting Us From Big Brother
- Keren Elazari at TED
- The Year of Ideas: Ted Talks in 2014
- Hacktivism at the World Cup
- Some hackers are bad. But a lot are good: Keren Elazari at TED2014
- Internet access is a basic human right: A Q&A with Keren Elazari
- Scientific American: Immunizing the Internet
- Scientific American: Keren Elazari on How Cybersecurity Became Your Problem
- WIRED: Keren Elazari on the Web at 25: biocomputing mechanisms