This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Fate||Acquired by GFI Group|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California|
|Mirek Kren (CEO)|
|Products||Kerio Connect, Kerio Control, Kerio Operator, Samepage|
Number of employees
Kerio Technologies, Inc. is a former a technology company specializing in collaboration software and unified threat management for small and medium organizations. Founded in 2001, Kerio is headquartered in San Jose, California. In January 2017, GFI Software acquired Kerio.
Kerio Technologies incorporated in 2001, but its first product WinRoute Pro entered the Internet security market in 1997, as it was owned and maintained by Tiny Software until February 1, 2002. Tiny Software then transferred sales and development of its software to Kerio, where the developers continued to work on it under the Kerio brand.
Kerio's main products (in the early 2000s) were Kerio Personal Firewall and Kerio WinRoute Firewall and the company focused on collaboration software with Kerio MailServer. Kerio discontinued its Personal Firewall in late 2005, which was then acquired by Sunbelt Software.
Starting in 2010, Kerio MailServer was renamed to Kerio Connect and Kerio WinRoute to Kerio Control. Kerio introduced Kerio Operator, an IP PBX system, in 2011 and Samepage, a file sharing and collaboration software, in 2013.
- "GFI Software Welcomes Kerio Users". 2017. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- "Kerio Technologies Inc. Media Center FactSheet". 2007. Archived from the original on August 22, 2007. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Weiss, Aaron (February 2, 2002) [Date of Original Review: September 14, 2000]. "WinRoute Pro -- A proxy server with built-in router, firewall, and mail services". ServerWatch. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- S. Kolar (February 7, 2002). "Re: Is Kerio Personal Firewall... Tiny Personal Firewall?". Newsgroup: comp.security.firewalls. Usenet: Xns91AE51127730Dcpsftwcom@188.8.131.52. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Rubenking, Neil J. (October 18, 2005). "Firewalls, Kerio Personal Firewall 4". PC Magazine. Vol. 24 no. 18. Ziff Davis. p. 83. ISSN 0888-8507.
- Sarrel, Matthew D. (January 2005). "Kerio Firewall Targets Small Networks". PC Magazine. Vol. 24 no. 1. Ziff Davis. p. 60. ISSN 0888-8507.
- Clyman, John (Fall 2004). "Kerio Offers Compelling Groupware Server". PC Magazine. Vol. 23 no. 19. Ziff Davis. p. 54. ISSN 0888-8507.
- Leyden, John (December 2, 2005). "Sunbelt rescues Kerio Firewall from oblivion". The Register. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Raison, André von (February 10, 2010). "Aus Kerio MailServer wird Kerio Connect". iX magazin (in German). Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Augsten, Stephan (June 1, 2010). "WinRoute-Firewall wird Kerio Control Security-Hersteller rüstet Gateway-Firewall zu UTM-Software um". Security Insider (in German). Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Ostler, Ulrike (January 1, 2011). "Mit "Operator" wird die Telefonalage Asterisk auch für VoIP-Laien bedienbar, Kerio baut VoIP-Anlagen für kleine und mittelständische Firmen". IP Insider (in German). Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Kelly, Will (March 29, 2013). "Social collaboration in the cloud with Samepage - TechRepublic". TechRepublic. Retrieved November 25, 2016.